A little dose of truth - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 89

Thread: A little dose of truth

  1. #11
    I don't think he is either Muslim or Christian but he may very well be sympathetic to the Muslim cause. What ever he is or claims to be I would not trust him iny farther than I could throw him.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    He keeps being prompted to say that he is not a Muslim because people keep bringing it up; if it didn't keep coming up, he wouldn't have to keep answering to it. Also, never mind that he attended a Christian church (however unchristian we may see the pastor, it's still a Christian church), you can't look past the fact that he is not a Muslim and never has been, and based on what? The fact that his name, his father, and his school were all Muslim? Isn't that kinda like believing that if bin Laden's parents sent him to a sectarian school in the U.S., that he must be a Christian. Stop drinking the kool aid, man.
    Christian Churches do not preach hate, or race, like his did weekly, yes there are far out churches and those are usually associated with various hate groups, such as the KKK and white or black supremest, but they are not a Christian group and are basically ostracized by the legitimate groups.

    I am not wrong about this senator from Ill refusing to place his hand on the bible. I remember reading about it in the local rag, and it was on the radio, Rush and I believe even Paul Harvey had a blurb on it. So maybe it was some other black Muslim Junior Senator that got elected at the same time Barrack Hussein did, now who could that be, or is it his spin doctors have just buried it and of coarse every thing you read on the net is the fact... even Snops gets ti wrong once in a while.

  4. #13
    One thing we do have to remember is that not every church that uses Christian in it's title is Christian. There are a lot of churchs all over the spectrum with every kid of teaching. Some really off the wall with no basis in scripture. A church and a person can call himself anything but that does not always make it so. Jesus said "Why call you me Lord, Lord and do not the things I say" Also "not everyone that saith unto me Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of Heaven, but he that doeth the will of the Father."
    Last edited by HK4U; 10-15-2008 at 02:15 PM.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  5. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    somewhere in north texas
    Posts
    599

    hussein is a socialist.

    i heard a excerpt from a town hall meeting where he told a hard working plumber he wanted to redistribute the wealth . he is a communist and a socialist. i cannot believe that anyone on this board would even consider voting for him. i took a oath once upon a time to defend this country and it's way of life. socialism would end this country as we knew it.

  6. Seems that even some here want socialism for us.

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Cabot, AR
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post

    I am not wrong about this senator from Ill refusing to place his hand on the bible. I remember reading about it in the local rag, and it was on the radio, Rush and I believe even Paul Harvey had a blurb on it. So maybe it was some other black Muslim Junior Senator that got elected at the same time Barrack Hussein did, now who could that be, or is it his spin doctors have just buried it and of coarse every thing you read on the net is the fact... even Snops gets ti wrong once in a while.
    Actually, you ARE wrong. Get over it, it happens to all of us now and again. The person you are thinking of is almost certainly Keith Ellison, who took office in Minnesota in 2007. He was the first African-American Congressman for Minnesota, as well as the first Muslim-American elected to the US Congress.

    Sources:
    Sworn in on Koran
    About Keith Ellison

    And anyway, whether or not Obama is a muslim has NOTHING whatsoever to do with why I will not vote for the man. Just drop this one.

    ETA:
    Back to the original intent of this thread, I noticed that the linked article said that 19 of 20 adults had heard outrageous rumors about both candidates, it did not mention anything about how many people believed any of them. Silly or unsubstantiated rumors like these are going to be a part of every election, I really don't think they can be avoided. The best thing we can do is share the truth with one another, even the truths that we don't like!
    Last edited by MrRezister; 10-15-2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: must remain on topic.....
    "Property is the fruit of labor...property is desirable...is a positive good in the world. That some should be rich shows that others may become rich, and hence is just encouragement to industry and enterprise. Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another; but let him labor diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built."
    -Abraham Lincoln, March 21, 1864

  8. #17
    I would not vote for a Muslim for President but the fact is it is academic anyway. There is plenty of other reasons not to vote for Obama. We do not need to loose site of those reasons by arguing about what he may or may not be. I am a Christian by the grace of God and Baptist by choice but I woulld not vote for Obama if he claimed to be the head of the Southern Baptist Convention.
    Last edited by HK4U; 10-15-2008 at 02:39 PM.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRezister View Post
    Actually, you ARE wrong. Get over it, it happens to all of us now and again. The person you are thinking of is almost certainly Keith Ellison, who took office in Minnesota in 2007. He was the first African-American Congressman for Minnesota, as well as the first Muslim-American elected to the US Congress.

    Sources:
    Sworn in on Koran
    About Keith Ellison

    And anyway, whether or not Obama is a muslim has NOTHING whatsoever to do with why I will not vote for the man. Just drop this one.
    Oh my we do not need to get testy here, (or is it too much caffeine in your life) we are after all on the same side. I remember the 07 incident, as well as the first one. It occurred just after I had recovered from a extensive illness and had returned to work, and this one was during the 04-05 time period. N my bet is no one on this forum will be voting for the man.

    Although he may not be a practicing Muslim now he was then, can you say hypocrisy's. Anyone can be one religion and attend another and claim to be both or neither which ever suits the cause of the moment, and this is what he is doing. Kind of like the idiots that work for Ford or GM and drive a Toyota all the while complaining about job cuts, true hypocrisy at it's finest.

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Quote Originally Posted by boris View Post
    i heard a excerpt from a town hall meeting where he told a hard working plumber he wanted to redistribute the wealth . he is a communist and a socialist. i cannot believe that anyone on this board would even consider voting for him. i took a oath once upon a time to defend this country and it's way of life. socialism would end this country as we knew it.
    He is definitely that.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,675
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Christian Churches do not preach hate, or race, like his did weekly, yes there are far out churches and those are usually associated with various hate groups, such as the KKK and white or black supremest, but they are not a Christian group and are basically ostracized by the legitimate groups.

    I am not wrong about this senator from Ill refusing to place his hand on the bible. I remember reading about it in the local rag, and it was on the radio, Rush and I believe even Paul Harvey had a blurb on it. So maybe it was some other black Muslim Junior Senator that got elected at the same time Barrack Hussein did, now who could that be, or is it his spin doctors have just buried it and of coarse every thing you read on the net is the fact... even Snops gets ti wrong once in a while.
    The point is, it wasn't a mosque.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast