Married, Back from the honeymoon, and have a raging boner over the new .22 I got. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Married, Back from the honeymoon, and have a raging boner over the new .22 I got.

Quote Originally Posted by IheartTedNugent View Post
    Thats what I am saying!!!!!

Anyway, to answer Pascal's question: I dont own a bolt action rifle and have wanted one, thats the reason I didnt go with the autoloader.
    Amen, brother! Have you settled on a rifle yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Amen, brother! Have you settled on a rifle yet?
    Yes. I believe I am going to go with the Savage.

I have read good reviews and a close friend of mine is going to go with me to purchase the same gun.

Will post some pics and give a review on this thread in a couple weeks.

Nice gun, i happen to have the older model without the accutrigger and its a good shooter. Have you seen the MP5 .22 clone the GSG5? I think im gonna pick one of those up when i see one here in my local gun shop. Enjoy the rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Man View Post
    Nice gun, i happen to have the older model without the accutrigger and its a good shooter. Have you seen the MP5 .22 clone the GSG5? I think im gonna pick one of those up when i see one here in my local gun shop. Enjoy the rifle!
    I'm on the "wait list" for the GSG-5. Should be here in a few weeks for the "bargain price" of $400.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Well, Nug, have you purchased the rifle yet? Do you have any pics? If your wife were a good wife, she'd have bought it for you as your wedding gift

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I'm on the "wait list" for the GSG-5. Should be here in a few weeks for the "bargain price" of $400.

gf
    How'd you pull that price off? Thats a really good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Man View Post
    How'd you pull that price off? Thats a really good deal.
    I send a lot of business to this gun shop through the various firearms courses I teach. The shop owner asked if I was planning on using the rifle as a training aid in one of my classes. My response was the usual "All of my guns get their turn as a training aid." He then offered to knock a bit off of the price and move me to the front of the line.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Well, Nug, have you purchased the rifle yet? Do you have any pics? If your wife were a good wife, she'd have bought it for you as your wedding gift
    I have not unfortunatley.

And you are right, maybe I didnt marry the right woman since she didnt get me a cool present

Savage are extremely accurate in their bigger calibers like the 270 in particular. I havent shot any of the bolt action rimfires. I'm sure the same apply's with them too. If you ever do decide to get an autoloader consider the marlin. They are a little less than the ruger. But are extremely accurate. I can vouch for that one.

I've shot a savage 500 .22 bolt (I think that was the model) off a bench and managed a 3/4" group at 50 yards on non-match grade ammunition.

They are waaaayyyy more accurate than I am
    Taurus PT92
    17+1 9mm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12