Obama is planning a million man militia! - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Obama is planning a million man militia!

Question Wrong jurisdiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    As for police crossing into neighboring jurisdictions, maybe your former employer allowed it, but there are many jurisdictions that I know of that often have whizzing contests, and crossing the jurisdictional line is an act of aggression.gf
    I know of one area that "allows" it. I know a Ventura County Sheriff's Deputy (a relative of mine) who lives in Los Angeles County, but who works in the courthouse in the City of Ventura. He no longer wears his uniform on the way to work because of safety/security precautions, but when he did, and when he would stop in a coffee shop in L.A. county down the street from where lives, he would inevitably find high-school-aged kids behind the building smoking funny things from expensive glass bongs. On occasion he would "accost" them, forcing them to "drop it" and watch the bong shatter on the pavement. Now, one day I asked him why he didn't just arrest the kids? He said that he could, but that while L.A. County didn't discourage it, the paperwork to be filled out because he wasn't in his "jurisdiction" was horrendous. Therefore, he would just have the kids stop what they were doing and move them along, hopefully in the direction of their school, then he would go about his day and head to work. This is only one story, and maybe, probably, does not apply to LEOs in the majority of positions or jurisdictions. I'm supposing, maybe incorrectly, that when this type of scenario happens, the same actions and results occur. Thoughts? Comments?
    Last edited by gdcleanfun; 11-22-2008 at 06:38 PM.

I think we're getting a bit off track here. I just don't see the million man militia thing coming to fruition.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I think we're getting a bit off track here. I just don't see the million man militia thing coming to fruition.
    Don't know about a "Million Man Militia", but I'm sure he's gonna make a go at establishing some type of "National Police Force". It's the current day "Gestapo", and is sure to cause many of us a lot of problems.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Don't know about a "Million Man Militia", but I'm sure he's gonna make a go at establishing some type of "National Police Force". It's the current day "Gestapo", and is sure to cause many of us a lot of problems.

gf
    Just a political talking point made to get himself elected. His record on gun rights, which is actually verifiable, is something to be concerned about. This business about a national police force is just talk. I bet that if someone asks him six months from now, he won't remember anything about it.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Just a political talking point made to get himself elected. His record on gun rights, which is actually verifiable, is something to be concerned about. This business about a national police force is just talk. I bet that if someone asks him six months from now, he won't remember anything about it.
    Sure hope so. FYI, there were a bunch of black suits here in PRHI "briefing" the employees of the mortuary that handled his grandmother's funeral as well as the folks at the cemetary. The session lasted about an hour or so and from what I understand, they were told to "talk to no one" about the funeral, condition of the body, date/time of cremation, etc. They were all made to sign a document that stated that they understood that they would be brought up on FEDERAL CHARGES if they talked and the story ended up on the 6 o'clock news.

I'm guessing that he's already got some sort of "secret police" at work. JMHO

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

That was a very specific talking point and I don't think he would throw that out there if it was not something he was thinking. Just one of many things about him that is very unnerving. When you look at all the things in his past, all the things he has said during the course of the campain and in the past plus the people he is picking for his cabnet we have much to be concerned about. He is much more dangerous to our freedoms and the constitution than you give him credit for and I don't think we will have to wait vey long into his term in office for you to find that out.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    That was a very specific talking point and I don't think he would throw that out there if it was not something he was thinking. Just one of many things about him that is very unnerving. When you look at all the things in his past, all the things he has said during the course of the campain and in the past plus the people he is picking for his cabnet we have much to be concerned about. He is much more dangerous to our freedoms and the constitution than you give him credit for and I don't think we will have to wait vey long into his term in office for you to find that out.
    Just like Bush 41's very specific talking point that there would be no new taxes. Just like Bush 43's pledge to privatize Social Security? Just like Clinton's very specific pledge for welfare reform?

Benjamin Franklin

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678