A time for Change (and a rant) - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A time for Change (and a rant)

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Check your facts. He won by 6 percentage points (52.5% to 46.2%), not 3. All I'm saying is that you guys should give him a chance. Hell, he hasn't even taken the oath office yet and you're already predicting how horrible he'll be. Don't you at least want him to do well? I know I do, and I'll be praying for just that.

Check yours he needed 51% of the popular vote for a majority win and only received 52.5% so I rounded up to 3% the 1.3% went to the third party votes. Yes I know electoral college bull but he only received a very marginal majority vote

It is still scary that 52% voted for him. Does not say much for the majority of our country.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post

Check yours he needed 51% of the popular vote for a majority win and only received 52.5% so I rounded up to 3% the 1.3% went to the third party votes. Yes I know electoral college bull but he only received a very marginal majority vote

You should have said that. The way you said it, it would seem as if he beat McCain by 3 percentage points when in fact he beat him by 6. Also, it seems as if you're playing with the numbers to make it seem like he did worse than he really did. While the closeness of the victory isn't reflected in the Electoral College tally, the fact is that Obama is the first Democrat since Carter in 1976 to receive a popular vote majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA Oh wait you weren't kidding, we need to watch this guy very closely and especially the bunch he appoints for his cabinet, as I said be ready to deluge the press and your Representative with letters and calls. As I said he only won by 3% of the popular vote and that will disappear within the first 6 months of his term in office when his approval rating starts to tank.
    As to his promises, all the bull he said, he will try it and you can bet your next pay check on that one.
    I have a favor to ask of you.....since you can see the future and all, can you tell me what I am getting for my next birthday?

That would be super.

Thanks Sheldon..... I mean Mrs. Cleo

As far as the liberals trashing the Bush admin., lets show them how much better we are by not stooping to their level. What do alot of us try to teach our children? Two wrongs don't make a right? I personally am gonna give the man a chance, IF he screws up royally than thats the time to complain and start going for the juglar.

"Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."

7. Unhappy

I did not vote for the man but the American people have spoken. Like it or not he is going to be the president. All we can do is pray that he up holds the constitution of this wonderful country. That is what makes this the best century in the world. Lets just hope that is one thing that is not changed.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by IheartTedNugent View Post
    I have a favor to ask of you.....since you can see the future and all, can you tell me what I am getting for my next birthday?
    That would be super.

Thanks Sheldon..... I mean Mrs. Cleo
    Easy answer less than you did last year and it will cost more... a card, some cloths, and a cupcake with a candle on it from the PX, now just watch our for the old lady with the Obama sticker on her car when you go home... Oh and if you buy that present for yourself with out telling your significant other first you will regret it...
    Last edited by Sheldon; 11-07-2008 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    It is still scary that 52% voted for him. Does not say much for the majority of our country.
    The scariest part is how many of the 52% that voted were fraudulent votes? If you can buy an election then our country is really in trouble.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian View Post
    apparently you have not looked at the "Messiah's" record...

or you are drinking the same kool-aid the rest of the Obama lovers are...
    Dude you are so right.....NOT!!!!

All he is saying is give him a chance, geez!

Obama's off to a good start. After claiming to bring the country together, he makes his chief of staff one of the most partisan people around. So we already see a beginning of what many have predicted.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast