Here is a rumor that I recently came across - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here is a rumor that I recently came across

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    There are quite a few black churches that endorsed Obama and in fact the democrat candidate every election. Is this law just for churches that endorse conservative candidates?
    If there's evidence available that a particular church endorsed any political candidate, it should be reported to the IRS.

Churches still have a lot of leeway. They can allow candidates to be recognized in a service, they can discuss a candidate, and make references to their policies. They just can't tell you that you should vote for X or Y person, is all.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Here is one in our area that I know did.

Welcome to T.D. Jakes Ministries
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    If there's evidence available that a particular church endorsed any political candidate, it should be reported to the IRS.

Churches still have a lot of leeway. They can allow candidates to be recognized in a service, they can discuss a candidate, and make references to their policies. They just can't tell you that you should vote for X or Y person, is all.
    Actually, their freedom of speech does allow them to say whatever they want. Most of them, however, for fear of losing their tax exempt status, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Man View Post
    I would say as many lefty loonies view God and religion as cult like activities as righty loonies view religions/ways of life other than Christianity as cult like activities. Letís not forget the past atrocities like the Spanish Inquisition, the crusades, the Salem witch hunt, the holocaust, etc... We Christians are not always in the right, we can't let our fear of being persecuted by the liberals turn us into something that is unchristian.

Oh and btw, Catholics are Christians...

Can we, PLEASE, not lump all liberals together? I'm not a Christian but I practice the Golden Rule as a rule. I'm a liberal and I like my guns. I know I'm in the minority, but to lump me together with ALL THE OTHER LIBERALS is not fair. It's demeaning. Maybe we can use the word "Anti's" rather than liberals? I'm sure you don't intend to offend, and really I'm not taking offense, just trying to educate.

Here is one in our area that I know did.

Welcome to T.D. Jakes Ministries
    Was it done in an actual service?

I know there were a lot of churches around the country that endorsed McCain as a challenge to the rule, but no real enforcement action was taken on it. It's possible that the IRS decided to let things slide this time, but may take violations more seriously next time around.

While the subject is up, people like T.D. Jakes and Benny Hinn are basically just leading highly profitable cults. "Prosperity gospel" is the manifestation of greed within faith, and a gross perversion of the teachings of Christ. These clowns should be run out of church on a rail. I've been to several of these services in person, and the blasphemy and misteaching of the Bible was unbelievable.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Was it done in an actual service?

I know there were a lot of churches around the country that endorsed McCain as a challenge to the rule, but no real enforcement action was taken on it. It's possible that the IRS decided to let things slide this time, but may take violations more seriously next time around.

While the subject is up, people like T.D. Jakes and Benny Hinn are basically just leading highly profitable cults. "Prosperity gospel" is the manifestation of greed within faith, and a gross perversion of the teachings of Christ. These clowns should be run out of church on a rail. I've been to several of these services in person, and the blasphemy and misteaching of the Bible was unbelievable.
    I agree. I call them the blab it grab it preachers. I give my offerings to my local church where at least I can see what they are doing. Where there is some accountability.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I agree. I call them the blab it grab it preachers. I give my offerings to my local church where at least I can see what they are doing. Where there is some accountability.
    Which is the way it should be. Too bad we can't do the same with our government.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12