X-mas gift came early. New Coffee maker.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: X-mas gift came early. New Coffee maker..

The 100% Kona Coffee is kind of pricey. The 10% blends run around $3 -$5 when I buy them on base. I don't drink much coffee other than Starbuck's, and when I do, it's usually an "Iced Venti Thai" coffee.

I have a nice stock of coffee on hand (usually buy a bunch of bags when they're on sale) if you would like more.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

As odd as this may seem i have never had StarBucks coffee. For the most part it's because there is none around me have to drive about a hour to get some. I also think when they closed down some stores they closed one or two of them in my state. I think walmart was selling it i will have to pick a bag up and try it. Is any kind better then another one? Right now i have been drinking the 100% Kona as it's really good lol, As well as my D&D french vanilla as well as Swiss Miss hot coco and when i can find it for sale at D&D. I buy and drink the D&D Hot coco it's just so rich and creamy it's so good.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    As odd as this may seem i have never had StarBucks coffee. For the most part it's because there is none around me have to drive about a hour to get some. I also think when they closed down some stores they closed one or two of them in my state. I think walmart was selling it i will have to pick a bag up and try it. Is any kind better then another one? Right now i have been drinking the 100% Kona as it's really good lol, As well as my D&D french vanilla as well as Swiss Miss hot coco and when i can find it for sale at D&D. I buy and drink the D&D Hot coco it's just so rich and creamy it's so good.
    I drink mine black right out of the pot. Starbucks... Kenya, Sumatra are a couple of my favs.. I also like the Christmas blend that is available this time of year. Pretty much any of the Starbucks coffees are pretty darn good. A little pricey though.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Neither have I. I'm not exactly a coffee connoisseur. Straight from the coffee maker is just how I like it.

6. Xmas gift

Kona is fantastic coffee, the volcanic soil imparts a magic to the coffee. I have a grinder and grind my own. You profess to love coffee so much, but grinding your beans is too much work, and then you doctor your brew. From the moment you grind coffee it begins to lose flavor, then you go and turn it into liquid candy ugh. When I was 19, I doctored my coffee, then went to work in the oilfield in New Mexico. First off, creamer did not keep very well in temps approaching 130 degrees near a night lighter, and then the other guys ribbed you about using sugar. I soon discovered that I dearly love my coffee three ways, hot, black and lots. Taking a sip, I raise my cup to your health, Enjoy.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

wolfhunter Guest
    The best kind of coffee is the kind you can get in large quantities.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    The best kind of coffee is the kind you can get in large quantities.
    Dunno about this statement. I recall the substance that the Army tried to pass off as "coffee" back in the day was abundant as well as pretty nasty.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Dunno about this statement. I recall the substance that the Army tried to pass off as "coffee" back in the day was abundant as well as pretty nasty.

gf
    OK, obviously the best coffee actually has to BE coffee. I stand by my statement. The best COFFEE is the kind I can get in abundance. I prepare quad shots of espresso, and use a 24 ounce mug for regular, black coffee. A normal summer day includes 2, 12-cup pots of coffee. In cooler weather, I'll drink an extra pot or more.

(glad my blood pressure has always been low)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    OK, obviously the best coffee actually has to BE coffee. I stand by my statement. The best COFFEE is the kind I can get in abundance. I prepare quad shots of espresso, and use a 24 ounce mug for regular, black coffee. A normal summer day includes 2, 12-cup pots of coffee. In cooler weather, I'll drink an extra pot or more.

(glad my blood pressure has always been low)
    This sounds a lot like my father's boss. My father's boss just recently CUT DOWN to 40 cups a day and 2 and a half packs of cigarettes.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Good mother of GOD. two 12 pots of coffee and 3 in the winter. Who do you keep from blasting off and going road runner? I drink one to two cups and I'm good for most of the day. Till i start to come down off it then i feel really sleepy. I saw on the news a while back some guy ended up in the ER for drinking like eight double shots at a star bucks.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast