X-mas gift came early. New Coffee maker.. - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: X-mas gift came early. New Coffee maker..

Good. They can have their poop coffee and their dog meat cuisine.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Good. They can have their poop coffee and their dog meat cuisine.

I've eaten dog meat before. Not my first choice in gourmet quisine, but it's not as bad as folks make it out to be. BTW, there are a lot of "dog eating" people who live here in PRHI. I'm not one of them, just tasted it a couple of times, once while serving in South Korea, another time on TDY in Vietnam.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I've eaten dog meat before. Not my first choice in gourmet quisine, but it's not as bad as folks make it out to be. BTW, there are a lot of "dog eating" people who live here in PRHI. I'm not one of them, just tasted it a couple of times, once while serving in South Korea, another time on TDY in Vietnam.

gf
    Whatever you say. I'll stick with good old fashioned American cuisine and every once in a while drink coffee ground from coffee beans, and not the feces of a civet.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

wolfhunter Guest
    Tatt,
    They just use the civet's digestive system to remove the meaty pulp of the berry from the "bean". Then the beans are cleaned and roasted just like beans that have had the pulp removed through other, more conventional methods. Enzymes in the civet's system break down certain chemicals (acids or alkyloids, but I don't remember which) resulting in a less bitter coffee. By comparison, a method for removing caffiene for cheaper decaf coffee used to involve the use of chemicals like Methylene Chloride, a common paint stripper or carburetor cleaner at the time. Kopi Luwak (Civet Coffee) Online Shop - Kopi Luwak is The Rarest Gourmet Coffee in The World

boyzoi Guest
    oh come on.......who cares why they're doing it, its coffee beans out of a cats ASSI mean if you really wanna be my guest
    and as for dog meat.......I'll stick to the good ole beef-burger thank you very much

Now what about rat meat whats that link?

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    Now what about rat meat whats that link?

I tried that in France.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

boyzoi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I tried that in France.

gf
    unless its......RATatouille........KEEP it away from me

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Tatt,
    They just use the civet's digestive system to remove the meaty pulp of the berry from the "bean". Then the beans are cleaned and roasted just like beans that have had the pulp removed through other, more conventional methods. Enzymes in the civet's system break down certain chemicals (acids or alkyloids, but I don't remember which) resulting in a less bitter coffee. By comparison, a method for removing caffiene for cheaper decaf coffee used to involve the use of chemicals like Methylene Chloride, a common paint stripper or carburetor cleaner at the time. Kopi Luwak (Civet Coffee) Online Shop - Kopi Luwak is The Rarest Gourmet Coffee in The World
    I appreciate your attempt to make the process seem less disgusting, but don't expect me to be drinking this stuff any time soon.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    ........ but don't expect me to be drinking this stuff any time soon.
    Add a couple fingers of Irish Whiskey and sugar.
    Semper Fi

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast