Who Am I????
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Am I????

Who Am I????

Who Am I?

I was raised in one country but my father was born in another. I was not
    his only child. He fathered several children with a number of women.

I became very close to my mother because my father showed little
    interest in me. Then my mother died at an early age from cancer. Later
    in life, questions arose over my real name. My birth records were
    sketchy and no one was able to produce a reliable birth certificate.

I grow up practicing one faith, but converted to Christianity because
    this was widely accepted in my country. But I practiced non-traditional
    beliefs and did not follow mainstream Christianity.

I worked and lived among lower-class people as a young adult before I
    decided it was time to get serious about my life and I embarked on a new
    career.

I wrote a book about my struggles growing up. It was clear to those who
    read my memoirs that I had difficulties accepting that my father
    abandoned me as a child.

I became active in local politics when I was in my 30s and then burst
    onto the scene as a candidate for national office when I was in my 40s.
    I had a virtually non-existent resume, very little work history, and no
    experience in leading a single organization. Yet I was a powerful
    speaker who managed to draw incredibly large crowds during my public
    appearances.

At first, my political campaign focused on my country's foreign policy.
    I was critical of my country in the last war. But what launched my rise
    to national prominence were my views on the country's economy. I had a
    plan on how we could do better. I knew which group was responsible for
    getting us into this mess.

Mine was a peoples campaign. I was the surprise candidate because I
    emerged from outside the traditional path of politics and was able to
    gain widespread popular support. I offered the people the hope that
    together we could change our country and the world.

I spoke on behalf of the downtrodden including persecuted minorities
    such as Jews, but my actual views were not widely known until after I
    became my nations leader. However, anyone could have easily learned what
    I really believed if they had simply read my writings and examined those
    people I associated with. But they did not.

Then I became the most powerful man in the world. And the world learned
    the truth.

Who am I? Scroll down for the answer.

Adolf Hitler
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Those of us who do not remember history

ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

+1 Spot On
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

+1 Spot On
    Exactly. Many in this country do not seem to understand that.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

boyzoi Guest
    If we take the "wait and see" approach many (including on here) advocate Im afraid it will be too late....if not it will be ceratinly a struggle, the depth of which we have not seen in the country. Dont wait to let your politicians know how you feel, start now fighting to make sure conservative principles, capitalism as well, do not fall to a blinded people.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzoi View Post
    If we take the "wait and see" approach many (including on here) advocate Im afraid it will be too late....if not it will be ceratinly a struggle, the depth of which we have not seen in the country. Dont wait to let your politicians know how you feel, start now fighting to make sure conservative principles, capitalism as well, do not fall to a blinded people.
    Nothing to wait on. Obama will make a fine President. Certainly far better than our last.

Blind is as blind does. Blind could be 48% of the people that can't see how poorly "conservative Bush politics and programs" have served this country. Blind could be falling for the great lie and going to war out of fear. Blind could be the eye we turn to those in this country without insurance or resource. Blind could be the result of our greed that leads us to believe that everyone can become one of the wealthy 5%. Blind could be the sanctioned denial of rights to a minority that we don't like or agree with.

Blind is denying the failure of 12 years Republican conservative lead congress, 6 with the President.

For real, chill, the country is not going to hell in a hand basket. Its coming out of it.
    \

Nothing to wait on. Obama will make a fine President. Certainly far better than our last.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

I hope the purpose of this thread is that just because Obama has these things in common with Hitler that he will develop into a megalomaniac who'll kill millions of Jews.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    I hope the purpose of this thread is that just because Obama has these things in common with Hitler that he will develop into a megalomaniac who'll kill millions of Jews.

Actually, the purpose of this thread is to hopefully point out: BE CAREFUL FOR WHAT YOU WISH!
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    For one thing it shows that people after all these years are no smarter than the Germans who fell for a lieing dictator.

It would be cute how the 'left' and the 'right' lock-step their way to servitude if only I could remain unaffected.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast