The fall of 2015 starting in september - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 47

Thread: The fall of 2015 starting in september

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    Like the "Free Beer - tomorrow" sign.... have you not figured that one out yet?

    OG, it's called common sense, and the absolute vacuum of evidence of any god. Y'all got one book, lots of so called experts, all based on your one book, 100% the work of ancient men that didn't know where the sun went at night, disease a total mystery, and many things that are common knowledge today, but weren't even suspected.

    Every source of knowledge has been updated and corrected over the centuries..... with one exception... your bible and other holy books from all religions... where willful ignorance is king.

    To cut to the chase, I don't care what your buy bull says, as it is meaningless rambling of ancient ignorance and inexcusable today.

    I hesitate to call anyone ignorant because they don't believe as I do. However, I fail to understand how anyone who professes to be reasonably intelligent can not see that the Bible, regardless of it's age of writings, is absolutely as current today as our news media, has foretold what we are seeing and experiencing today, and tells us what is coming in the future. The Bible does not need updating and/or correction. All events are following exactly as written in the Bible and I fail to see how one can miss the correlation. It is as reading tomorrow's newspaper today, we have been told what is to come. I don't fault you for not believing. That is something you will, regardless of your thinking now, have to work out with our God. For your sake, and that of others, I hope His mercy will extend to you after your deaths and you will be given one last opportunity for repentance. It pains me to think of the alternative.

    P.S.: Yes, I had figured out the "Free Beer" sign long ago.

  2. #12
    For the simple reason your source of information is suspect, very suspect, and only in the minds of those desperate to validate it can such outrageous concepts be extracted along with some very impressive cherry picking.

    I know there are many that waste a lifetime learning the bible, or biblical scholars, and it enables them to easily cherry pick and manipulate the message to match their per-conceived views. Then take any parts of the bible, twist the interpretation (and I dare you to argue that different sects of christianity don't find totally different meaning from same part) then cherry pick reality till a match is found, or at least a near miss.

    If someone knew other works of ancient literature like the back of their hand, and if it was an industry like religion is, they too could cherry pick parts and passages and vaguely link them to current events. The more well versed you are with a tool, the greater your ability, be it the chef with their knife, the artist with their brush, the golf pro with their clubs.

    You and many others hate, abhor, rant and rage against gay people, based on our bible, yet other christians say the bible tells them to embrace gay people as children of their god. Who is correct? Or maybe someone from a totally different religion is right.... all using so called "holy books" as their authority.. I'll stick with reason and common sense and "none of the above" from the fairy tale shelf.

    Glad the "free beer" sign didn't go over your head, now use the rational from that lesson and apply it to the "jesus is coming -- tomorrow" sign.

    But dammit, I don't have any of those Pascal's Wager cards, you guys are throwing all the time. Are you so clueless to the fact that atheists so totally dismiss the nonsense of this god filled with hate that is meaningless, be still a clear demonstration of the desperation. As meaningless as if I threatened to have leprechauns come kick you in the shin, or higher if they bring a stool. Absurd is absurd.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  3. #13
    Again, for the 5th time I call on XD40 to prove there is no such thing as God or Jesus. No copy and paste, no video, just you. I'm betting for the 5th time you will ignore my challenge. As you don't have an answer. You can't prove God and Jesus don't exist. So that would be because they do exist. The one thing you fear most in life is that they are true and you will be going to a fiery hell for eternity, where you will burn but not be consumed, and suffer the burning for eternity. So, if you want the attention you obviously desire, prove there is no such thing as God and Jesus. The World Awaits Your Proof!

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    Again, for the 5th time I call on XD40 to prove there is no such thing as God or Jesus. No copy and paste, no video, just you. I'm betting for the 5th time you will ignore my challenge. As you don't have an answer. You can't prove God and Jesus don't exist. So that would be because they do exist. The one thing you fear most in life is that they are true and you will be going to a fiery hell for eternity, where you will burn but not be consumed, and suffer the burning for eternity. So, if you want the attention you obviously desire, prove there is no such thing as God and Jesus. The World Awaits Your Proof!
    My proof is in the fact that millions and millions of believers desperately searching for centuries have provide zero evidence of the existence of any god...
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  5. #15
    But yet again XD40 bobs and weaves and evades any proof on his own at there is no God or Jesus. I'm calling you out to put up or shut up. This is your chance for the attention seek. The chance to be the big man you so desperately need to be. Tell us what proof do you have? So far you have proven not but your ability to ridicule, copy and paste. o you even posses the ability to express in your own mind any proof of no existence of God or Jesus or not? So far you have proven you don't. Again, put up or shut up.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    But yet again XD40 bobs and weaves and evades any proof on his own at there is no God or Jesus. I'm calling you out to put up or shut up. This is your chance for the attention seek. The chance to be the big man you so desperately need to be. Tell us what proof do you have? So far you have proven not but your ability to ridicule, copy and paste. o you even posses the ability to express in your own mind any proof of no existence of God or Jesus or not? So far you have proven you don't. Again, put up or shut up.
    There are no gods, prove me wrong! Not with bull excrement from a collection of short fairy tales, but with real, hard, verifiable evidence.

    OBTW, virtually none of the content my posts contain copy/pasted material, unlike the copy/paste'rs in your circle jerk. Ringo has been the pivot man for a long time, but others are hot on his heels for the title.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  7. I'm going to hate myself for getting involved with this, but here goes:

    1st. It's well-known that it's AZeximpossible to prove a negative (there is no god), so demanding that someone do so is inherently a dishonest deflection of the conversation.

    2nd. There is no objective evidence of the workings of a super-being in nature. All observable phenomena can be explained through natural means; where natural explanations suffice, supernatural explanations are unnecessary.

    3rd. There are no known independent references to Jesus outside the Bible. Claimed corroboration such as Tacitus and Josephus were written long after the events related in the four Gospels supposedly occurred and, in fact, refer to what the early church followers believed and did rather than to Jesus himself (and evidence is strong that the relevant passages in Josephus are pious frauds, altered or added long after the original text was written). As to any Biblical references to otherwise known historical events, they are no more corroborative of biblical inerrancy than is "Ben Hur."

    4th. Biblical prophecy has not been shown to be more accurate than any other kind of prophecy. It can be easily demonstrated that anyone with an agenda can bolster their position through "interpretation" of cherry - picked passages from throughout the Old and New Testaments. This is identical to the process by which various groups have repeatedly drawn from the Bible to support political and "moral" arguments. Illustrative are the pro- and anti-slavery factions preceding the American Civil War, where each sought to justify it's opinion of the "peculiar institution" through biblical interpretation.

    5th. It is easily demonstrated that the Bible is abundantly internally inconsistent (conflicting accounts of Creation, the 10 Commandments, Jesus' resurrection, etc), but its believers are inconsistent, as well. They are divided into opposing factions on every conceivable aspect of Bible teaching: the Bible is to be understood as it is written, the Bible speaks metaphorically; all can be saved, some are predestined to Heaven and some to hell; there are but two sacraments, there are seven sacraments; pray to Mary, don't pray to Mary; Jesus was God *and* man, Jesus was God *in* man. And so on.

    6th. Even if an individual finds it necessary to believe in "god," he is therefore faced with the perplexing necessity of choosing which faction to join or, indeed, whether to form his own. It should be noted here that this discussion is limited to mainstream Christian beliefs and does not consider Mormons, gnostic, or the more esoteric Christian sects. And then there are all of the non-Christian beliefs in the world today (Islam is the world's largest religion but it is almost as factional as is Christianity). In fact, there is no way to tell how many thousands or millions or hundreds of millions of gods humanity has believed in, and more are being born every day. The United States alone has given rise to at least three major sects in the last two centuries (LDS, Seventh Day Adventists, Scientology). Nor are the old gods necessarily giving way; Zoroastrianism, the religion of the first Mesopotamian civilizations, still exists.

    7th. Most Christians and other believers will tell you that you must believe as they do in order to receive the benefits of a belief in "God." A few will allow that it is (barely/theoretically) possible to believe otherwise and still receive at least some benefit, but usually only if a stern set of (their) rules is strictly adhered to.

    What, then, to believe? And why? Whether to believe at all, oddly enough, is easier to answer. Belief in a deity can help make sense of a world or universe that might otherwise be inexplicable. Belief in a compassionate god can give succor in time of trouble. Belief can foster a sense of community. In short, believing feels good. But this still begs the question, why should I believe as you do? Will it make me feel better than believing the way someone else does? How and why will it do that?

    Personally I envy believers. Having once been of their number I have personal knowledge of how comforting and comfortable it can be. Having an Our Father Who Art in Heaven, in whose lap you can safely sit until life's demons leave you in peace, is marvelous. Some of us, however, have chosen to leave the nest and strike out on our own. We are experiencing the world outside the warm comfort in which the rest have chosen to remain. Yes, it's cold, wet and dangerous out here, but it's the way things really are, and through practice we are better able to handle ourselves in the wider universe than are those who remain behind in their cocoons.

    What comes after this? I dunno. As with the question of god, I don't see any reason to think or believe anything comes after. I could be wrong. If I am, would a god who, as I am told, created me and gave me my reason and intellect and who, I am also told, is infinitely compassionate, really abandon me to an eternity of suffering simply because I misunderstood?

    And so it is that I in my little boat bob up and down on the wide ocean. I have accepted the inevitability that I will eventually founder, but I have also determined that in the meantime my voyage will be smoother if I occupy my hands with rowing than with praying.

    Oh crap!

  8. #18
    [QUOTE=XD40scinNC;580099]There are no gods, prove me wrong! Not with bull excrement from a collection of short fairy tales, but with real, hard, verifiable evidence.

    Nice try at another dodge. But the burden of proof is on you and I you can't prove your point as you were challenged , then just admit that the only bull excrement here is XD40. Again put up or shut up bull ****.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by jabeady View Post
    I'm going to hate myself for getting involved with this, but here goes:

    1st. It's well-known that it's AZeximpossible to prove a negative (there is no god), so demanding that someone do so is inherently a dishonest deflection of the conversation.

    2nd. There is no objective evidence of the workings of a super-being in nature. All observable phenomena can be explained through natural means; where natural explanations suffice, supernatural explanations are unnecessary.

    3rd. There are no known independent references to Jesus outside the Bible. Claimed corroboration such as Tacitus and Josephus were written long after the events related in the four Gospels supposedly occurred and, in fact, refer to what the early church followers believed and did rather than to Jesus himself (and evidence is strong that the relevant passages in Josephus are pious frauds, altered or added long after the original text was written). As to any Biblical references to otherwise known historical events, they are no more corroborative of biblical inerrancy than is "Ben Hur."

    4th. Biblical prophecy has not been shown to be more accurate than any other kind of prophecy. It can be easily demonstrated that anyone with an agenda can bolster their position through "interpretation" of cherry - picked passages from throughout the Old and New Testaments. This is identical to the process by which various groups have repeatedly drawn from the Bible to support political and "moral" arguments. Illustrative are the pro- and anti-slavery factions preceding the American Civil War, where each sought to justify it's opinion of the "peculiar institution" through biblical interpretation.

    5th. It is easily demonstrated that the Bible is abundantly internally inconsistent (conflicting accounts of Creation, the 10 Commandments, Jesus' resurrection, etc), but its believers are inconsistent, as well. They are divided into opposing factions on every conceivable aspect of Bible teaching: the Bible is to be understood as it is written, the Bible speaks metaphorically; all can be saved, some are predestined to Heaven and some to hell; there are but two sacraments, there are seven sacraments; pray to Mary, don't pray to Mary; Jesus was God *and* man, Jesus was God *in* man. And so on.

    6th. Even if an individual finds it necessary to believe in "god," he is therefore faced with the perplexing necessity of choosing which faction to join or, indeed, whether to form his own. It should be noted here that this discussion is limited to mainstream Christian beliefs and does not consider Mormons, gnostic, or the more esoteric Christian sects. And then there are all of the non-Christian beliefs in the world today (Islam is the world's largest religion but it is almost as factional as is Christianity). In fact, there is no way to tell how many thousands or millions or hundreds of millions of gods humanity has believed in, and more are being born every day. The United States alone has given rise to at least three major sects in the last two centuries (LDS, Seventh Day Adventists, Scientology). Nor are the old gods necessarily giving way; Zoroastrianism, the religion of the first Mesopotamian civilizations, still exists.

    7th. Most Christians and other believers will tell you that you must believe as they do in order to receive the benefits of a belief in "God." A few will allow that it is (barely/theoretically) possible to believe otherwise and still receive at least some benefit, but usually only if a stern set of (their) rules is strictly adhered to.

    What, then, to believe? And why? Whether to believe at all, oddly enough, is easier to answer. Belief in a deity can help make sense of a world or universe that might otherwise be inexplicable. Belief in a compassionate god can give succor in time of trouble. Belief can foster a sense of community. In short, believing feels good. But this still begs the question, why should I believe as you do? Will it make me feel better than believing the way someone else does? How and why will it do that?

    Personally I envy believers. Having once been of their number I have personal knowledge of how comforting and comfortable it can be. Having an Our Father Who Art in Heaven, in whose lap you can safely sit until life's demons leave you in peace, is marvelous. Some of us, however, have chosen to leave the nest and strike out on our own. We are experiencing the world outside the warm comfort in which the rest have chosen to remain. Yes, it's cold, wet and dangerous out here, but it's the way things really are, and through practice we are better able to handle ourselves in the wider universe than are those who remain behind in their cocoons.

    What comes after this? I dunno. As with the question of god, I don't see any reason to think or believe anything comes after. I could be wrong. If I am, would a god who, as I am told, created me and gave me my reason and intellect and who, I am also told, is infinitely compassionate, really abandon me to an eternity of suffering simply because I misunderstood?

    And so it is that I in my little boat bob up and down on the wide ocean. I have accepted the inevitability that I will eventually founder, but I have also determined that in the meantime my voyage will be smoother if I occupy my hands with rowing than with praying.

    Oh crap!
    While you are bobbing on the ocean, consider this reference: http://www.johnthebaptist.us/.../tr2..._on_christ.pdf. Seems to be evidence of the existence of Jesus to me. Don't regret getting involved here, all the back and forth is interesting to me and others. You say that you chose to go out on your own and are experiencing the world outside the warm comfort of being a contented believer. There are many experiences one can have away from following the Lord but I haven't found the necessity to delve into something unknown and possibly against the wishes of the Lord. Even with infinite compassion for our poor wretched souls, God has given us simple guidelines to follow, primarily the acceptance of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. If we refuse to accept Him, we would be voluntarily choosing separation from God and the eternal punishment of not being in His presence. Some are using their "intellect" to deny God. Their intellect is nothing compared to that of God and I don't think He is swayed by their "wisdom." I can't tell you or anyone else that they will be going to hell or some other fearful place. That judgement will be made by Jesus, Himself and, as He says, "...My judgement is true." Good enough for me.

    If you haven't noticed, however, there will be no end to the differences of opinions and beliefs concerning religion. I can only hope that God will be compassionate on us all when the time comes and, in the meantime, I am hedging my bets by following Him as faithfully as I can.

  10. #20
    [QUOTE=SR9;580110]
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40scinNC View Post
    There are no gods, prove me wrong! Not with bull excrement from a collection of short fairy tales, but with real, hard, verifiable evidence.

    Nice try at another dodge. But the burden of proof is on you and I you can't prove your point as you were challenged , then just admit that the only bull excrement here is XD40. Again put up or shut up bull ****.
    Prove me wrong Mr. roll of Charmin. Prove me wrong....

    And please learn how to select only portions of quoted text.....

    NO ******* GOD, PROVE ME WRONG ASS WIPE.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast