The fall of 2015 starting in september - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47

Thread: The fall of 2015 starting in september

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    While you are bobbing on the ocean,
    Come on OG, while most can't reason beyond Pascal's Wager, I really expect better of you're responses.... but alas, perhaps I have given you too much credit....
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  2. #22
    Just trying to keep it in the context he used. By the way, here is another Pascal's Wager poster for you. I like this one.

    Attachment 14918

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    ARIZONA-a short distance from the sun
    Posts
    10,924
    Quote Originally Posted by jabeady View Post

    Personally I envy believers. Having once been of their number I have personal knowledge of how comforting and comfortable it can be. Having an Our Father Who Art in Heaven, in whose lap you can safely sit until life's demons leave you in peace, is marvelous. Some of us, however, have chosen to leave the nest and strike out on our own.

    (1 John 2:18-19)

    "Children, it is the last hour; and just as you heard that antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour. They left us. However, they were never really part of us. If they had been, they would have stayed with us. But by leaving they made it clear that none of them were part of us."
    The Enemies of America Now Rule Over Her, God Has Judged And This Kngdom We Have Created Has Fallen.
    ~Joe Biden...God's Judgement Upon America ~

  4. We having a Revival this month and it's going to be powerful, praying that souls will give their heart to the Lord, Holy Ghost Revival.

  5. #25
    So XD,(you of no proof), I see you cannot prove anything. You are likened to an unruly child that is screaming and crying for attention. You've obviously had a deficient life and grown up without proper education and love. People that don't know Jesus, don't know love or how to love. I pity your wife and family, if you even have one. Your deficiencies are passed on to them.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    So XD,(you of no proof), I see you cannot prove anything. You are likened to an unruly child that is screaming and crying for attention. You've obviously had a deficient life and grown up without proper education and love. People that don't know Jesus, don't know love or how to love. I pity your wife and family, if you even have one. Your deficiencies are passed on to them.
    My proof is your lack of proof... I see you cannot prove anything... The unruly child is the smart child, and will be successful in life.. the one that thinks, the one challenges what they have been told without proof. The one you would subdue with lies, like santa is watching, god is watching in your desperation to control them as your parenting failed.

    I know how to love, and I know how to reason, while you cling in desperation to the hate born in ancient ignorance. No contest..
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

  7. Quote Originally Posted by Oldgrunt View Post
    While you are bobbing on the ocean, consider this reference: http://www.johnthebaptist.us/.../tr2..._on_christ.pdf. Seems to be evidence of the existence of Jesus to me.
    The link tells me to manually go to another page. I use tapa talk on my phone, one letter at a time, so I'll pass. Anyway, I don't mind stipulating the existence of a carpenter named Jesus, or that he was executed as described. I do, however, think that the Jesus story is more accurately described in Thomas Jefferson's version than it is in the Bible.

    Don't regret getting involved here, all the back and forth is interesting to me and others.
    Back and forth is one thing. What I see here is mainly ad hominem, evasion and deflection, which is why I said I'd hate myself for getting involved. OTOH, it did inspire me to organize and compose the above little essay, something I've been attempting for quite some time. I'm pretty happy with it, as a starting point; I've saved it offline and will be working on it over time.

    I haven't found the necessity to delve into something unknown and possibly against the wishes of the Lord.
    This is part of the fundamental difference between us. Understanding requires evidence, and the acquisition of evidence does not allow for forbidden questions. All questions are allowed and the trail must be followed wherever it leads, regardless of the final answer.

    Some are using their "intellect" to deny God. Their intellect is nothing compared to that of God and I don't think He is swayed by their "wisdom."
    I make no claims to wisdom, just curiosity, and humanity's multitudinous religions lead to far more questions than answers.

    My intellect is what separates me from the so-called "lower orders." If humanity really is the special product of a creator god, then our intellect is his special gift to us. To not use it to the best of our ability would be to refuse that gift. If using it to the best of our ability results in an honest error, is that worthy of divine punishment? Paraphrasing Carl Sagan, honest inquiry would seem to be informed worship. Have you considered the possibility that refusing to use your intellect is a refusal to explore his larger creation?

    You worship a divine father; maybe your divine parent is getting a little impatient for you to leave the nest. Feel free to return for an occasional visit, but maybe the time has come for you to go out into the world and make something of yourself.

    I am hedging my bets by following Him as faithfully as I can.
    I am striking out on my own. It's the less - comfortable and more - dangerous course, but it's by far more exciting and rewarding. I anticipate the look on your face when we wind up in the same place.


    Oh crap!

  8. #28
    I guess one could say that I did strike out on my own many years ago to sample worldly things which are opposed to religious dictates. They were exciting, as you say, but not rewarding in a manner that I would want to brag about or continue to participate in. Religion is not something to be taken lightly nor an activity to only be visited for mere curiosity. You seem to infer that I have failed to use my intellect and explore all of God's creations. Quite possibly I have but, on the other hand, what I have discovered about God by my religious studies has given me a satisfaction that doesn't require constant questioning or the contemplation of my navel. In studying God, I have asked questions and sought answers to many things and, fortunately I have found the answers which have been most satisfactory and illuminating for me. Consequently, I have no need to discard my faith while looking for some "evidence" which, to others, is elusive, therefore, not to be believed.

    I don't feel that my Divine Father is impatient waiting for me to leave the nest. He welcomed me into that nest many years ago and I have no desire to leave it, nor do I think He wants me to leave it. I did strike out on my own and did not find anything as rewarding to me as God has been. If you see the expression on my face if we wind up in the same place, it will be one of joy. I would only wish that we could all be that happy!

  9. #29
    I don't have to prove what the world knows to be true. The burden of proof is on you. As I know you cannot prove your point, I am living well in the spirit of my God and Jesus Christ. As they always say the thing you fear most is that I am right, but you will not have time to admit your are wrong, as all Christians will one day be taken up to commune with the LORD. You will remain behind to suffer the error of your ways. And, suffer you will.
    Over and out Capt. Video. You are now back on my IGNORE LIST>

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by SR9 View Post
    I don't have to prove what the world knows to be true. The burden of proof is on you. As I know you cannot prove your point, I am living well in the spirit of my God and Jesus Christ. As they always say the thing you fear most is that I am right, but you will not have time to admit your are wrong, as all Christians will one day be taken up to commune with the LORD. You will remain behind to suffer the error of your ways. And, suffer you will.
    Over and out Capt. Video. You are now back on my IGNORE LIST>
    Thank you, trying to reason with the willfully ignorant is exhausting..... and of course you take the cowards way out, you ain't got ****, you know you ain't got ****, so run away run away home... hide behind your mamma's skirt.
    “Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
    But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.” ― Steven Weinberg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast