Obama Pushes Carbon Tax Proposal - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama Pushes Carbon Tax Proposal

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Toreskha,
    Check the other two thirds of my post. My post was intended to illustrate how government interference in private industry does nothing beneficial for anyone but the politicians.
    I read it. What I mean is that government interference is wrong in principle, outside of whatever positive or negative effects it might have. The effects are irrelevant, because the thing is wrong in and of itself. While I believe carbon regulations might actually force the development of automotive technology in a positive direction, the role of government is not such that it should be doing anything about that.

In other words...if government interference in industry means that all evil will be gone from the world, every kitten will have a smile and no flowers will ever wilt, it still would not be government's job to interfere.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    I read it. What I mean is that government interference is wrong in principle, outside of whatever positive or negative effects it might have. The effects are irrelevant, because the thing is wrong in and of itself. While I believe carbon regulations might actually force the development of automotive technology in a positive direction, the role of government is not such that it should be doing anything about that.

In other words...if government interference in industry means that all evil will be gone from the world, every kitten will have a smile and no flowers will ever wilt, it still would not be government's job to interfere.
    You should have said that government interference is wrong in principle, outside of whatever effects it is intended to have. The fact is, government regulations and mandates in a capitalistic economy do nothing but cause more problems, not solve them. Remember the Great Depression?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12