Windows error!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows error!!

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    ...it's that Windows sucks and you should get a Mac.

There, fixed it for you.
    Tried a MAC when the youngest son was in HS... it was sluggish, sloppy, and primitive compared to my Windows OS, I all my years of PC's I have to say this is actually the first time I have ever encountered this, and could have avoided a lot of it had I just kept my photo file back up current

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Tried a MAC when the youngest son was in HS... it was sluggish, sloppy, and primitive compared to my Windows OS, I all my years of PC's I have to say this is actually the first time I have ever encountered this, and could have avoided a lot of it had I just kept my photo file back up current
    If it was a G3 or earlier, I could see why you'd feel that way. The most recent ones are much better. I'd go with one of those before I'd go with a PC.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    If there's a lesson to be learned in all of this, it's to back up all your important files. I'm sure you won't ever make the mistake of not backing them up ever again, will you?
    especially when you are dealing with vista... in my opinion anyway. a friend's laptop stopped working not long ago too.. just out of the blue.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I use both, but OSX tends to have inherent stability advantages as it's built on a unix file system. Unix is like a 1911 pistol - proven, reliable and never goes out of style. Previous versions of OS were highly proprietary and were less user-friendly. OSX was built essentially from the ground up to ensure a better user experience.

Windows is put together in a rather scattershot method and new features are often added in a way that tries to justify the existence of old areas that they simply aren't willing to do away with. It's all built on justified obsolescence, as if it were designed by several government departments working together.

There are some areas of Apple that I find annoying, though - particularly the lack of a physical eject button on the optical disk drives, which makes it difficult to eject something if the machine won't completely boot up.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    especially when you are dealing with vista... in my opinion anyway. a friend's laptop stopped working not long ago too.. just out of the blue.
    Nothing just stops working out of the blue, system Age, too much gunk on the HD, lack of system maintenance, Hardware failure, and the biggie, virus downloaded from a questionable site or sent to you by someone with too much time on their hands. Which I have to admit you do not see as many hackers building malware for the apple platform.
    Also at the top of the list are web sites such as 'Face Book" and "AOL" that load snooper routines that will eventually trash your machine. "MY Space" is very bad about this too, I use to have to do constant damage control on my kids machines because of places like these!

Nothing just stops working out of the blue, system Age, too much gunk on the HD, lack of system maintenance, Hardware failure, and the biggie, virus downloaded from a questionable site or sent to you by someone with too much time on their hands. Which I have to admit you do not see as many hackers building malware for the apple platform.
    Also at the top of the list are web sites such as 'Face Book" and "AOL" that load snooper routines that will eventually trash your machine. "MY Space" is very bad about this too, I use to have to do constant damage control on my kids machines because of places like these!
    That all depends on what you mean by "out of the blue." And yes, computers, just like anything else, can just conk out for no apparent reason.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12