Precision Addict
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Precision Addict

Precision Addict

Hello.....My name is Randy....And I am A precision addict. I have been on a precision high for about 25 years. I kicked the habit for a couple of years, but I started running with the wrong crowd, now I am hooked again. I started shooting bottle caps with a 22 when I was a kid, thinking " I am not like the rest of them, I wont get hooked". It started out as a recreational thing, then before I knew it I was addicted. In no time at all I was moving up to bigger calibers, wanting smaller and smaller groups. Then came the hand loads, hours and hours spent grinning, sitting at my loading bench. No factory load could give me the high that I got from my own creation. I spend hours reading through reloading manuals looking for new and exciting things to try.I have loaded as many as 30 three shot groups, with 30 different loads of the same powder to take to the range at the same time. I have to buy every new bullet, shooting bag, shooting rest and precision gimmick that comes out. My name is Randy......and I'm an addict.

Quote Originally Posted by RDW View Post
    Hello.....My name is Randy....And I am A precision addict. I have been on a precision high for about 25 years. I kicked the habit for a couple of years, but I started running with the wrong crowd, now I am hooked again. I started shooting bottle caps with a 22 when I was a kid, thinking " I am not like the rest of them, I wont get hooked". It started out as a recreational thing, then before I knew it I was addicted. In no time at all I was moving up to bigger calibers, wanting smaller and smaller groups. Then came the hand loads, hours and hours spent grinning, sitting at my loading bench. No factory load could give me the high that I got from my own creation. I spend hours reading through reloading manuals looking for new and exciting things to try.I have loaded as many as 30 three shot groups, with 30 different loads of the same powder to take to the range at the same time. I have to buy every new bullet, shooting bag, shooting rest and precision gimmick that comes out. My name is Randy......and I'm an addict.
    Welcome, Randy, to a site where precision addicts flourish!

wolfhunter Guest
    This addiction should be widespread. I make every effort to get others hooked by offering free range samples for first timers, and when helping at a gun show or filling in at the shop, I encourage touching the merchandise. It gives the weapons a chance to grow attached.

Welcome

Welcome and greetings from Michigan.

I feel your happiness! I've been an addict for about 50 years. There's nothing like the smell of burnt gunpowder in the morning. In fact there's nothing like it all day long!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

welcome randy, with 161 posts i think you have been around long enough to be a regular on here.
    buy the way if you would like to donate some of your old stuff let us know. we can help you.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

I'm sorry to hear about your addiction. Do you need us to from a support group or a 12 step program for you?
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I'm sorry to hear about your addiction. Do you need us to from a support group or a 12 step program for you?
    LOL...And I was so close to my two year pin!

Have you talked to the group, MAPS? Mothers Against Precision Shooters?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Red face HI, I'm festus and I am a fine accuracy addict

HI, I'm festus and I am a fine accuracy addict...
    I'm Afraid I may have passed this curse along to my kids
    I have been involved with rifles most of my life....
    It all started with a .22LR from there I tried every thing but kept coming back to rifles

.22LR, .223/5.56NATO, .308/7.62NATO...

I even shot a fifty BMG once

Please help me!
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast