Call in "gay" day tomorrow?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Call in "gay" day tomorrow??

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Believe it or not, a lot of people would call being a gun owner a "disgusting deviant lifestyle". I don't mind any adult in this country living the way that they want, provided that they are not infringing on the rights of others as they do it.

    In fact, I believe that the gay community would be a prime outreach target for those espousing the CC way of life. I have a lot less problem with those that want to be in a committed same sex relationship than I do with those who want to take away my right to own and carry a firearm. Just my .02, let the flaming begin!
    No flaming. You are of course welcome to your oppinion just like the rest of us. However although most of us are on here because we support the second amendment the fact is that most, not all, of us are pretty conservitive in the majority of the issues. That being said most, again not all, of us are against an amoral life style.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    1,854
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    No flaming. You are of course welcome to your oppinion just like the rest of us. However although most of us are on here because we support the second amendment the fact is that most, not all, of us are pretty conservitive in the majority of the issues. That being said most, again not all, of us are against an amoral life style.

    Hmm... Maybe I'll call in straight on Friday!

    Hate to tell them but I've been apart of three major companies and involved in 3 different buy outs. One of which I was laid off (and I'm only 27!). It didn't matter how well I did my job or how important I felt I was. When I left there were people lined up with resumes ready to fill my spot. With or without them businesses will find workers and continue on.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

  4. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Hmm... Maybe I'll call in straight on Friday!

    Hate to tell them but I've been apart of three major companies and involved in 3 different buy outs. One of which I was laid off (and I'm only 27!). It didn't matter how well I did my job or how important I felt I was. When I left there were people lined up with resumes ready to fill my spot. With or without them businesses will find workers and continue on.

    Hmm... Maybe I'll call in straight on Friday!

    I was thinking the same thing.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  5. Call in 'Gay'

    How do they separate the men from the boys in San Frsncisco?









    A crowbar.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

  6. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,437
    Hmmm...if I were a business owner and someone "called in gay", I'd tell them that (if they had benefits) they either have to take off a personal day or sick leave, and to pick one or the other, because "calling in gay" is neither of the above, and a stupid reason not to come to work besides.

    If they didn't have days to take off, then I guess it would turn into a firing.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

  7. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Hmmm...if I were a business owner and someone "called in gay", I'd tell them that (if they had benefits) they either have to take off a personal day or sick leave, and to pick one or the other, because "calling in gay" is neither of the above, and a stupid reason not to come to work besides.

    If they didn't have days to take off, then I guess it would turn into a firing.

    Sad part is that if it does turn into a "firing", then you'll get wrapped up in a very ugly and messy lawsuit. They'll claim discrimination due to sexual orientation.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  8. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Does anyone think that homosexuality is covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  9. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Does anyone think that homosexuality is covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act?
    I'm thinking it could possibly be some sort of mental disorder.



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    I'm thinking it could possibly be some sort of mental disorder.



    gf
    Nope. It's more a behavioral disorder.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

    Benjamin Franklin

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bellingham, WA, USA
    Posts
    733

    Actually.....

    Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Nope. It's more a behavioral disorder.
    Homosexuality used to be listed as a mental disorder, but was removed from the official in 1973:

    "In 1973, the weight of empirical data, coupled with changing social norms and the development of a politically active gay community in the United States, led the Board of Directors of the American Psychiatric Association to remove homosexuality from the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM)."

    As gpbarth stated earlier, he is not against the gay couple next door trying to live a reasonably normal life, but with the freak show that occurs at some parades. Considering this, shouldn't these couples be allowed to "marry" or "unionize" or whatever they need to do in order to mainstream? It seems that we are punishing those who want to live as we do.

    IMHO, I think that maybe the government should get out of the marriage business altogether. If we need some kind of civil recognition, then let the civil union be the one that the government recognizes, and let the church marry its own members. In fact, I believe that is the way it has been until relatively recently in human history. Just a thought (I have so few these days).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast