Call in "gay" day tomorrow?? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Call in "gay" day tomorrow??

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
    THANK YOU! Something we can agree on!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

God created Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.
    Yeah, and "if God had meant for man to fly, SHE would have given us wings."
    Or: "If you open carry, you're gonna be the first target of the bad guys." (yes, it's a myth too.)

Or. "If you go faster than 40 mph, you will implode." (Or was it explode?) Myth circulating after the first trains began to go faster and faster.

Say, question for all you bible experts, that NO ONE has ever answered to my satisfaction. IF Adam and Eve, were the first people on Earth, where did the wives for their sons come from?

No, I didn't call in "Gay." I couldn't afford the time off, and it's a stupid thing to do anyway. Which has me wondering though, when the illegals took their day off, why didn't the earth stand still? After all, we had to have someone in the hamster cage, running that wheel around so everything would keep working.
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 12-15-2008 at 09:28 AM.
    Big Gay Al: Big Gay Al's Big Gay (Gun) Blog
    An unarmed person speaking of the benefits of gun control is like a
    eunuch speaking about the benefits of sexual abstinence.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    Yeah, and "if God had meant for man to fly, SHE would have given us wings."
    Or: "If you open carry, you're gonna be the first target of the bad guys." (yes, it's a myth too.)

Or. "If you go faster than 40 mph, you will implode." (Or was it explode?) Myth circulating after the first trains began to go faster and faster.

Say, question for all you bible experts, that NO ONE has ever answered to my satisfaction. IF Adam and Eve, were the first people on Earth, where did the wives for their sons come from?

No, I didn't call in "Gay." I couldn't afford the time off, and it's a stupid thing to do anyway. Which has me wondering though, when the illegals took their day off, why didn't the earth stand still? After all, we had to have someone in the hamster cage, running that wheel around so everything would keep working.
    You must be talking about a different god than the rest of us.
    By the way it is o.k. if you do not believe in God. He may not believe in you either.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

You must be talking about a different god than the rest of us.
    By the way it is o.k. if you do not believe in God. He may not believe in you either.
    God is not the person I have trouble with. It's God's prophet's who I have trouble believing in.

Depending on what part of the Bible you read, God is either a jealous, vengeful God, or, God is a loving, forgiving God. God's prophets need to make up their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Gay Al View Post
    God is not the person I have trouble with. It's God's prophet's who I have trouble believing in.

Depending on what part of the Bible you read, God is either a jealous, vengeful God, or, God is a loving, forgiving God. God's prophets need to make up their minds.
    Well, Al, all of the above is true. God loves all of us no matter what. However, it is up to us whether we ultimately achieve the salvation necessary fro God to forgive us of our sins. Whether we do or don't, he still loves us though.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Well, Al, all of the above is true. God loves all of us no matter what. However, it is up to us whether we ultimately achieve the salvation necessary fro God to forgive us of our sins. Whether we do or don't, he still loves us though.
    I know that, but apparently some people do not. Rev. Fred Phelps and his church, for instance.

It seems they believe in the jealous, vengeful God, not the loving, forgiving God. Do you think maybe there is more than one?

And some people wonder why I carry a gun!
    Last edited by Big Gay Al; 12-16-2008 at 08:59 AM. Reason: additional line

gpbarth Guest
    As you would ask us not to lump all gays into one group, don't lump all who claim to be Christians into one group, either. Phelps and his ilk are an embarrassment to Christianity that apparently won't go away, and I have no problems saying so.

But I do believe in ONE God, and I do believe that He holds each and every one of us accountable for our own actions. Beyond that, I am not ready to get into an apologetics debate up here on a weapons forum. I will say, however, that those who do not believe in the Bible should stop trying to use it against those of us who do. Your arguments might sound vaild to other non-believers, but you do not know what you are talking about. Before debating something, do a little research at least. Reading the Bible isn't the same as understanding it.

I'm not lumping all Christians in together. But there are aberrations in just about all groups. Phelps is one. NAMBLA is another, and I would never want to be associated with them, just as you and MOST true Christians would not want to be associated with Phelps.

But I think you do see my concerns now. And as much as Fred Phelps and his group are probably the extreme, there are also degrees of difference in between.

But whatever our differences, I am here, on this forum because I believe in the basic human right of self-defense. THAT is what I am all about.

You know what?

AMEN to that, Al.

gpbarth Guest
    I concur, and that is why I don't want to get into any really unrelated debates up here. And I think this thread is about dead anyway. Cheers!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast