WHY oh WHY
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHY oh WHY

Talking WHY oh WHY

I did not if to put it here or in the joke section OK I can understand Britney. But what do they have against ACDC

The article is from the daily telegraph newspaper from back home in Australia

Guantanamo Bay prisoners tortured by Britney Spears, AC/DC

Article from:
    December 11, 2008 12:30pm

HUMAN rights groups and musicians are outraged that Britney Spears and Australian artists' songs are being used to torture prisoners in Guantanamo Bay.
    The groups are protesting that blasting tracks such as Britney Spears's Baby One More Time, AC/DC's Hells Bells and Bruce Springsteen's Born in the U.S.A. into cells at high volumes for hours on end can cause the inmates longterm psychiatric problems.
    Gallery: Britney Spears' highs and lows
    Gallery: AC/DC' musical history
    Now the musicians themselves have joined the fray, furious that their songs are being used to "break" suspected terrorists, reports the Daily Mail.
    Rock musicians including Massive Attack and Tom Morello, guitarist with U.S. group Rage Against The Machine have joined a campaign against the practice.
    According to an FBI memo, one interrogator at Guantanamo bragged that he needed only four days to "break" someone by alternating 16 hours of loud music with just four hours of silence.
    The practice has been used often in the "war on terror", with U.S. forces systematically playing loud music to hundreds of its detainees.
    Lt Gen Ricardo Sanchez, the former U.S. military chief in Iraq, said the aim was "to create fear, disorient . . . and prolong capture shock".
    A good friend will sit next to you in jail and say damn we had fun

Listening to anything at high volume for a long time would get pretty annoying. I like AC/DC but after a while it would make you crazy.

When these people finally go home and people ask what happened, all they can say is..."Hiyut me bay-bee. Yah, yah. One-ah more time. AHHHHH!"
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

When I was there in '02 it was "Anthrax", "Guns 'n Roses" and "Michael Jackson".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Those on the far left never cease to amaze me with their insistence that suspected terrorists be treated with kid gloves. Playing loud music, while annoying, can hardly be considered torture.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

But what do they have against ACDC

I could say a number of things but lets just say I am old enough to remember when most music actually had a melody and a harmony and the singers usually really sang rather than screamed and did not cause you to want to bang your head against the wall.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

What do they (the musicians) care???!!! Those same terrorists would kill them if given the chance!! What a bunch of pacifists!! They need to lay off the pipe and wake up!!!

Shoot they ought to be bombarding the prisoners with tracks from Slayer, Morbid Angel, and Cannibal Corpse, etc!!! I can think of a lot worse that we could do to them

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    But what do they have against ACDC

I could say a number of things but lets just say I am old enough to remember when most music actually had a melody and a harmony and the singers usually really sang rather than screamed and did not cause you to want to bang your head against the wall.
    In that case, we can always let them listen to Enya.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

You can be sure IF it was us in the cell, they wouldn't be playing any music at all. Possibly sharpening theirs knives. You do what You have to do........we are at War!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Those on the far left never cease to amaze me with their insistence that suspected terrorists be treated with kid gloves. Playing loud music, while annoying, can hardly be considered torture.

Yea but some of that music is torture for me to have to listen at low volumn!!! (LOL)

Play the BEEGEE's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast