I love Florida!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I love Florida!

I love Florida!

It's December 12, I got up early, hit the beach, and got a couple hours of surfing in before work! Gotta love Florida!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Must be nice!! Let's see........it's Friday, got up around midnight because the power went out due to the Ice Storm we got. Went back to bed and got up at 5 a.m. to power up the generator which kicked on the boiler and pellet stove. Went back to bed. Got up around 7:30 and tried to get out of the yard which was a joke because of all the tree's that had fallen. Tried to get to a gas station for fuel (for the generator) but pretty much all the roads were closed so you ended up turning around till you found an opening. Drove 18 miles till I found a gas station that was open with power. Got my fuel, went back home, took care of the generator and then went to work!
    Boy, You really know how to make someones day!!!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Each of you had mornings that represent opposite ends of the spectrum! I was middle of the road here in MD, high 30's and windy. Can't wait for spring!

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Must be nice!! Let's see........it's Friday, got up around midnight because the power went out due to the Ice Storm we got. Went back to bed and got up at 5 a.m. to power up the generator which kicked on the boiler and pellet stove. Went back to bed. Got up around 7:30 and tried to get out of the yard which was a joke because of all the tree's that had fallen. Tried to get to a gas station for fuel (for the generator) but pretty much all the roads were closed so you ended up turning around till you found an opening. Drove 18 miles till I found a gas station that was open with power. Got my fuel, went back home, took care of the generator and then went to work!
    Boy, You really know how to make someones day!!!
    Man, that sucks sambo42xa!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

6. Well I am here in Snowhio BUT! I will be in FL. next week for two weeks and KimberPB and I should get some good range time in. can not wait to get out of Snowhio for a bit.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    It's December 12, I got up early, hit the beach, and got a couple hours of surfing in before work! Gotta love Florida!
    Nice weather year round, no state income tax, and great gun laws. If it weren't for the hurricanes, this place would be perfect. Some people just have all the darn luck!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Ok, now for the update.......well I've been putting in fuel for the generator about every 8 hours. Some of the surrounding towns are still without power. Still have to drive away to get fuel. Let me tell you, people are ^&**ing nuts ! The lines to get fuel are crazy because now you have people pulling in one way and pulling in another way all trying to get their turn at the pumps while someone else is now blocked in and they are all screaming at each other....etc!! Back at home we've had tree's come down but this time it's tree's and power lines which are either laid out across the roads and or snapped in half. We've had p[ower out before for like 4 hours tops, but this time They say it may be another week to two! Schools are closed so they can have shelter for the ones who have no power/heat etc. My Wife is driving around today with Her laptop to find a "hot spot" so She can do Her work out of the car. One Rugrat is at his buddies house while I got the other Rugrat with me here at work. My Dad is at the house while the generator is on. I have to leave work early to fill the tank up so we have power. Oh boy, this is really fun. I feel bad for the people who do not have anything at all.
    The generator is locked up. I've been told already there has been three thefts on generators in town. I tell ya, all you have is the moon for light. Weird seeing a town with no lights on at night. Well, we are all just hanging in there like some of the rest of us here in Southern NH. Have not seen any work trucks yet, just Supervisors checking the areas that are out. Man, they still have to clear the tree's first before they even get to the lines. As long as we are all safe is my concern.
    Hmmm, Florida sounds about nice right now...............
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Oh, of course we don't have any cable, so I cannot get on the computer unless I'm at work which is what I'm doing right now while on lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Oh, of course we don't have any cable, so I cannot get on the computer unless I'm at work which is what I'm doing right now while on lunch.
    Man sorry to hear about the bad weather! Hope it all gets cleared up and power restored soon. This week is suppose to be a warm one so if you need to thaw out come on down. I know a few nice ranges you can hit while you're here also.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Hang tough buddy, if it gets to rough send up smoke signals and maybe the cavelry will ride up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast