Snow in Nevada, December 17-18, 2008 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow in Nevada, December 17-18, 2008

Yup, Vegas got more than Pahrump did. We drove over the hump just because, it was wonderful! We must be nutz! lol It's supposed to snow again, I'd love to have a white Christmas. It would be the first time in 50 some odd years! All I did was giggle like a school girl the other day. I'd felt like a little kid! I need a life! lol

If it hit Vegas, then Phoenix must be next
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

I'm less than 10 minutes from the airport. I still have snow in my front yard, backyard and ice in my driveway. Because of the way my two story house is oriented and a six foot block wall surrounding my yard, it's melting much more slowly due to the lack of sunlight hitting my yard. I don't know about Phx getting snow, we're over 1000 feet higher. These bad storms happen every about every 30 years. Last one was in Jan 1979, one before that was 1949. It always gets cold enough to snow here in Dec and Jan, the question is if we have the right storm passing through at the time it is that cold. Usually we get a trace of snow once or twice in the winter overnight and it's melted within an hour of sunrise. It might snow again this Thursday night.
    Last edited by netentity; 12-22-2008 at 09:56 AM.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

Can anyone tell me how low the temperature got? Over here in Northwest Indiana on Sunday, it dropped down to -3. I checked, and the lowest temperature ever recorded in Las Vegas was 8 degrees, recorded on January 13, 1963.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Can anyone tell me how low the temperature got? Over here in Northwest Indiana on Sunday, it dropped down to -3. I checked, and the lowest temperature ever recorded in Las Vegas was 8 degrees, recorded on January 13, 1963.
    I don't believe that the temp was much below 30 F. here in Pahrump, almost 60 miles due west west, past the Mt. Charleston range and Spring Mountain hump, from Las Vegas. I don't know what the temp was in Las Vegas, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I don't believe that the temp was much below 30 F. here in Pahrump, almost 60 miles due west west, past the Mt. Charleston range and Spring Mountain hump, from Las Vegas. I don't know what the temp was in Las Vegas, sorry.
    I guess that the record doesn't look like it'll be in jeopardy any time soon, does it?

Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12