Snow in Nevada, December 17-18, 2008
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow in Nevada, December 17-18, 2008

Talking Snow in Nevada, December 17-18, 2008

Whoo hoo! Here in Pahrump we received a really nice blanket of the fluffy white stuff yesterday and overnight. For the first time ever I think the Mojave Desert is pretty!

Pahrump, Nevada, Mojave Desert, Snow Day, Dec.18, 2008

I would really like to see a white Christmas but where I live that is not very likely.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I would really like to see a white Christmas but where I live that is not very likely.
    A white Christmas would be nice, but this 70+ degree Florida weather won't allow it.

It would be nice to have a little here for Christmas. It's been colder than usual here until this week. Today it was in the low 70's.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Don't mind the snow so much in Reno, but it has been in the single digits here. Could be about 20 degrees warmer. Don't wish snow for Christmas, as I will be venturing up to South Lake Tahoe.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Whoo hoo! Here in Pahrump we received a really nice blanket of the fluffy white stuff yesterday and overnight. For the first time ever I think the Mojave Desert is pretty!

How close are you to Las Vegas? Did Vegas see any of the white stuff?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

... For the first time ever I think the Mojave Desert is pretty!

I've got Family in Phelan, Ca. They have 18" plus. The funny part is they ain't gotz many of us good ol' boys with F-250's and Western Plows... They gotz to wait til that stuff melts.
    Semper Fi

congrats on the snow!!! I was in pahrump about 10 years ago.. never thought there would be a day when there would be snow there... as for me I love snow.. love the winter.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I happened to be at Front Sight that week and it was fantastic. We had every kind of weather Nevada could give us and it made a memorable week. Now it is back to teh "Vegas routine".

Yes, both sides of the mountain got snow. In fact I think Vegas got more than Pahrump in some areas. They closed the highway on the summit a couple of times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast