"Santa Claus" opens fire at party in California - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Santa Claus" opens fire at party in California

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    Prayers out to the Families.
    I carried My weapon, both xmas eve and xmas. BUT, when I got to my destinations I locked it in the vehicle safe box (Wife did not know I carried both these days). There were too many children at both festivities and My judgement told me to leave it in the vehicle. Once we left, it went back in my holster.
    After I saw this story on the news it had me wondering..........what if:
    it happened where I was at and my gun was in the car; should I have worn it at both parties?? These were my Wifes relatives at the Eve party who do not know I carry (my Wife does) and my Family for xmas day who know I carry but would not have thought of me bringing a weapon out on xmas.
    As WE ALL say every time we read a story like these, "that's why You should be armed". You never know.
    I could maybe (emphasis on the maybe) see your point if you were carrying open. However, if you're legal carrying in a place where there are lots of children, then carry. Criminals sure aren't going to care if there are children around when they commit their crimes.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

There's no reason to avoid carrying around children, as long as you can prevent them from bumping into it (they'll realize there's something there and grab for it). If an armed assailant shows up, you may be the only variable stopping Pardo from massacring half of a kindergarten class.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12