GOOD News? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GOOD News?

1. Good news!

I jsut got some good news. For those who are into guns and enjoy passing what you know on, here is your chance. Front Sight just hired 14 new instructors, and are looking for more. Dr. Piazza's Instructor Development Class is producing the best instructors and making sure tat they are all onthe same page. If it didn't involve moving to Nevada, I would consider applying. Instructors, I believe get to take all the classes they offer free of charge, to keep their skills up and make them aware of the difference bewtween the various courses of fire. If you ever wished to teach firearms, here is your golden chance.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Before I go ahead and post, let me know if stories about law abiding citizens defending themselves with deadly force are acceptable. If so, I'll post one or two here.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Before I go ahead and post, let me know if stories about law abiding citizens defending themselves with deadly force are acceptable. If so, I'll post one or two here.
    absolutely. more good news. my wife made dinner tonight.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

From of Arms and the Law

Good news enough or off topic?

MSNBC.com

2 Men Sought After Customer Saves Clerk From Robber
    Ocoee Authorities Investigate Shooting, Search For 2 Men
    WESH.com
    updated 11:18 a.m. ET, Wed., Jan. 7, 2009

OCOEE, Fla. - A convenience store customer in Ocoee turned the tables on suspected robbers Monday night, and authorities continued to search for two people Tuesday evening.
    Authorities said the man grabbed a gun and shot and killed the bottle-wielding bandit.
    Related Content:Video | Florida's Gun Laws Explained |Crime Tracker
    The customer, who was only identified as Chris to protect his identity, said he walked into a Kangaroo convenience store on Franklin Street and noticed at least two suspicious men.
    The customer said he walked out to his car to get his phone and heard the clerk inside screaming for help. He said he grabbed his gun and went back inside and saw the suspected robber beating a female clerk with a beer bottle.
    The customer said he told the assailant he had a gun, but the man turned toward him and the customer fired two shots, killing the suspect.

"I feel very shaken. I feel very glad that I was here, that I could help my friend because I come to this store. I've lived in Ocoee for 20 years, and I'm glad I could be here, and I'm glad I was able to help," the customer said.
    The customer was asked whether he had a permit to carry a concealed weapon, and he responded that he did.
    Chris said he doesn't consider himself him a hero.
    "I saw a lady that was in distress and I came in and took the action that I thought was necessary," he said. "Hearing a lady scream to where it sounds like bloody murder to where I thought she was going to be killed, I decided to help the lady. I've known her for years. She's a friend of mine, and I wanted to go in and help."
    Investigators said the one suspect shot was killed, and two other people are sought in the case. Police identified the deceased as Freddie Carson, 40, of Orlando.
    Police described the two sought in the case as follows:
    A black man about 5 feet 8 inches tall, about 160 to 170 pounds, who is in his late 30s to mid 40s. He was last seen getting into a newer-model red pickup truck as a passenger.A black man about 5 feet 6 inches to 5 feet 9 inches tall, about 160 pounds, who is in his mid 50s. He has salt-and-pepper hair and a beard and was last seen driving the aforementioned red pickup truck.
    Ocoee police said the shooting remained under investigation Tuesday to determine whether the circumstances support criminal charges.
    If you have any information regarding this investigation, Ocoee police ask you to contact them by dialing
    407-905-3160
    , or contact CrimeStoppers by dialing
    407-423-TIPS
    The clerk was transported to Health Central Hospital with head injuries.
    Additional Resource:
    Use Of Deadly Force For Lawful Self-Defense
    URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28518530/

MSN Privacy . Legal
    2009 MSNBC.com
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ricbak View Post
    Good news enough or off topic?
    Darn, you beat me to it, ricbak! Now I'm going to have to do another lengthy google search for several hours for another one. And you know how hard these stories are to come by!
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12