Uncalled delay of game may have cost the Tennessee Titans

Thread: Uncalled delay of game may have cost the Tennessee Titans

Uncalled delay of game may have cost the Tennessee Titans

Not saying that I was rooting for either team, but this is just plain inexcusable; you Titans fans should be particularly infuriated.

Play clock was at zero for crucial Ravens first down - Shutdown Corner - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

It's been a bad year for the refs. They've screwed up a few calls this year to change the outcomes of games. The officials with the best report cards for this season get chosen to officiate the Super Bowl. I wonder if they'll have enough refs to call the game?

"Common Sense" gun laws. Common sense tells me that the gun didn't carry itself to the crime scene and pull it's own trigger. Punish the criminals, not the guns!

The Titan fans should be mad at the Titans.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

This is no worse than the lopsided calls that went in favor of San Diego all game against the Colts. Officiating gets an "F" this year

I'm a Titan fan....

....and I am just plain mad. I can't believe that they would have such a great season and then choke (yes, I said it) when it counted. sure, the reffing has been poor this season, but the Titans should have won that game handily, regardless of a couple of bad calls.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    ....and I am just plain mad. I can't believe that they would have such a great season and then choke (yes, I said it) when it counted. sure, the reffing has been poor this season, but the Titans should have won that game handily, regardless of a couple of bad calls.

Yep, unfortunately in TN, the S.O.P. is to blame the refs when the Titans or Vols lose. Never mind the fact that the Titans all but HANDED the game to the Ravens....they have something to focus on now. THE REFS!

Look at S.D.....the refs handed my Broncos the game back in week 2 or 3. The Chargers NEVER focused on it. Instead, they played their asses off at the end of the season, and ended up beating the Broncos out for a playoff berth.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

I have to agree with Pascal here. Algee Crumpler coughed up the football at the 10 yard line and that is what ultimately cost the Titans the game.

I agree that the Titans ultimately beat the Titans, but nevertheless, that non call kinda makes you wonder "what if?" I've seen plenty of cases of blown or missed calls (not just in football, but also in other sports) that determined the outcome of a game; remember the USA vs. the Soviet Union in the gold medal basketball game in 1971?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

turnovers killed the titans. turnovers at the wrong time. ravens didn't do much but those couple of bombs down the field made a difference. GO EAGLES!!!