Atheists are at it again - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Atheists are at it again

why should it be wrong to have God mentioned in its functions?

Not once did I say it was wrong. I was saying it's wrong to push anything on others. So, again, nobody should tell him he can't. If I wanted to swear to zeus, buddha, allah, jesus, god, Odin, Poseiden, (the list could go on, but you get my drift) it is my right, and nobody, especially through judicial process in this country, should tell me who i can and cannot swear to.

And Fred Phelps is a moron.

I wonder if adding to the oath as laid out in the Constitution nullifies the oath and the person is therefore not bound to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Templar View Post
    Entertaining crap like this is killing this country. If someone is an Atheist and doesn't want to acknowledge God then fine, don't. But why should I not be allowed to acknowledge God? Why is this ass telling me what I can't do? It's the same as the anti-gun folks. If you don't like guns, fine, don't buy one. But don't tell me what to do. We need to go back to a time when we didn't try to please everyone and make everyone feel "normal." Why do we as a society even entertain such stupidity?
    +1. I've been ranting over this kind of crap for years. I guess maybe even talking should be done away with.. because what you say no matter what it is will offend some one somewhere. people need to get a life and focus on things that are actually important. people get so pissy over the stupidest things!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    +1. I've been ranting over this kind of crap for years. I guess maybe even talking should be done away with.. because what you say no matter what it is will offend some one somewhere. people need to get a life and focus on things that are actually important. people get so pissy over the stupidest things!
    +2, and I'll add this...

If all printers (speakers) were determined not to print (say) anything till they were sure it would offend nobody, there would be very little printed (spoken).
    -Ben Franklin
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

here is the problem as i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by gpbarth View Post
    This is the problem that is not going away. This is political correctness at its finest. That we must not offend anyone over anything. That if someone doesn't believe in God, then God shall not be mentioned aloud outside of a church, lest we offend someone.

I went to a town hall meeting to support a church that was trying to build a school on its property, and there were a few people there who were vehemently against it. So much so that they were yelling and screaming throughout the entire hearing (and this was not the only item on the evening agenda). And one couple, who lived in the neighborhood behind the church, stated that they had actually fought the original construction of the church because one of their windows faced the direction of the church building, and they were going to be forced to look at the cross on the steeple every time they looked out that window. IOW, they didn't want anything in their periphery to look like religion because they hated it so much.

It is time, people, that we take this country back. That we start fighting for OUR rights. It is time to push back. No one is forcing atheists to pray, to listen to any oath, to recognize a God, or a religion. Likewise, they have no right to demand that faith be removed from their sight. We have freedom OF religion (or the lack thereof) and not freedom FROM religion.

And now that these guys are getting all the press, they are working on producing new "hate laws" which will make the utterance of Biblical passages illegal. If you preach the Bible against homosexuality, for instance, you will be accused of a hate crime. Want to see the Bible outlawed? It is being attempted as we speak. Funny how their form of hatred is okay, however.

This country was based on Christian principles, and that fact appears in so much of our history that it cannot be refuted. And so these people are trying to re-write or erase that history in order to make their minority wishes the law. And they are using the courts to do that. Call it what you will, but it is time to take this country back, and bury PC once and for all. We ARE the majority. Aren't we?
    the problem is that for too long christians have allowed themselves to be neutered. we are just supposed to love each other and sit around and be quiet and " let God handle it." and while as christians we should love and care for one another and extend grace, and indeed, let God handle it, we have forgotten that The Lord expects us to take a stand against evil and that does not mean sitting with your hands folded in sweet repose with halos on your head, but taking the battle to the enemy spritually and if necessary, physically engaging in combat. i submit for your consideration the fact that Christ made a whip and beat the living daylights out of cheats in the temple, told us to get weapons if we did not have one. consider the exploits of Joshua, king david,and the more i learn the more i like the maccabees during what is known as the maccabean revolt. christians need to grow a pair and learn what it means to be warriors. sometimes the shepherds have to protect the flock. or their country.
    SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE IS TRAINING TO KILL YOU. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Oh, boy. Here it comes...
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234