My new 'side arm'
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new 'side arm'

My new 'side arm'

Hey guys. I haven't posted in here for a while. I decided to come back and see what's going on.

Anyway, my girlfriend crocheted me a holster for my little pistol lighter I bought at the liquor store. It's a butane lighter that also has a laser in it. I used some 1/8th inch solder for the retention band. I thought it was kinda funny, had to share it with you guys. Good to be back here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Pretty cool! Welcome back.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Glad to here from you again Cooter. Don't be a stranger.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Now that's just too cute!

I love it! Nicely done! Glad to have you back around. :)

I'm diggin' that custom holster... think she'd make one for a P229? (Seriously...)
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    I'm diggin' that custom holster... think she'd make one for a P229? (Seriously...)
    There might be a market for crocheted holsters for small guns. Could be an interesting niche item.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Really?
    I would think a yarn holster would not be the best choice vs. leather. It would absorb sweat and moisture, then probably shrink if you washed it. Not very durable for everyday use, I would think. The front sight would probably snag, unless you had a guard strip in there.

BTW AZSATT, she is thrilled that you like it so much. But I don't own a P229, how would she get the size and shape right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

10. Ya but she could crochet you a nose warmer to match.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    BTW AZSATT, she is thrilled that you like it so much. But I don't own a P229, how would she get the size and shape right?
    That's a good question. A blue gun (or red gun) used in training could help with that, but then there's the cost of shipping it back and forth.

Or... I could just photograph my P229 and then write in exact dimensions and send that... probably much more practical, since yarn doesn't have to fit like a perfect molded material.

And sure, when I first saw that pic, I thought "now THERE's an idea to help when that cold slide tucks in next to my bare skin on those occasional occurances when I carry "commando" - no holster, just sliding the gun between my pants and belly... which happens. I'm not sure how practical it would be for actual 'carry' purposes, but it sure would feel better than cold steel.

Not to mention, it just looks uniquely cool. I mean really, how many kids on the block can say they have a custom-made KNITTED rig?!
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast