Analog TV to die! THE SKY IS FALLING!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Analog TV to die! THE SKY IS FALLING!!

Analog TV to die! THE SKY IS FALLING!!

The House has refused to delay the switchover from analog to digital TV.

Senators, worried about the static they'll see when the plug is pulled on analog television broadcasts in the United States, had approved the emergency measure Monday and rushed it to the House floor for a vote Tuesday afternoon. But representatives put off the vote until Wednesday.

Two members of the Federal Communications Commission sent a letter to Rockefeller and Rep. Henry Waxman, chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, this month "to express our deep concern" that the country is "nowhere near" ready for the signal switch.

Commissioners Michael Copps and Jonathan Adelstein called for a delay to give the government more time to get "boots on the ground" to help with the transition.
    Ok, so...call me insensitive or whatever. but what's the big deal? Is TV really THAT essential of a service that we need to make a big deal about potentially - GASP - not having it for a little while? As far as I know, everyone who's interested in watching TV either has cable or satellite, or steals satellite for free. And of course, you can watch most TV shows on the internet now anyway.

If you really have to have it, Instructables has a great tutorial on how to make your own digital TV antenna out of a few scraps. It probably works better than whatever you'll pay out the nose for at the store.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Good, I heard about them trying to extend the date last night. If people don't know about the change by now something is wrong. This has been years in the making and there is no need to delay any longer.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

wolfhunter Guest
    But we NEED government control of TV!!! If we rely on the marketplace to get this done, we might learn that government influence is counter-productive.

Yup, eye agree. We need gubment kontroll of tv shews lyke Satdaynite lieve and Rachael Ray. Them is commy shews fur sur! Dats whut me pappy sais.

I don't need the government controlling "Every Day Italian"

Giada Rules

Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    I don't need the government controlling "Every Day Italian"

Giada Rules
    Yup, as does Emeril!

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Boy some days I think that hits it right on the head.

10. Analog TV to die

The govmint needs to keep their cotton-pickin' hands off Paula Deen, y'all.
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Well this is a duh factor here....

TV is how they brainwashed the ignorant poor into voting Democrat

No TV for the poor = no Democratic votes, which brings me too they should have shut the things down last April then we might have had a more informed election.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast