Protests bring down Icelandís government

Thread: Protests bring down Icelandís government

Exclamation Protests bring down Icelandís government

I just read this and thought maybe we could do the same and run the Neo-con's out of office

The government of Iceland became the first to be driven out of office in this recession by a wave of popular protest this week.

Weeks of demonstrations forced prime minister Geir Haarde and his cabinet to resign.

Some 10,000 people converged on parliament when it re-opened after the Christmas break.

Protesters pelted the prime ministerís car with eggs. They surrounded the vehicle and banged on it with cans.

Haarde was rescued by riot police, who used tear gas for the first time since 1949.

The demonstrations targeted Icelandís parliament, government ministers and the countryís central bank.
    Last edited by krazyk; 01-31-2009 at 02:46 AM.
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

Cool Wow. Revolution without the guns.

They must have pretty good throwing arms to get that done with eggs!
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

interesting.. looks like "change" is going worldwide.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    ya just think what they could get done if they were armed?I bet the E.U. would back off
    Last edited by krazyk; 02-02-2009 at 04:08 AM.
    Let every soul be subject unto the [U.S. Constitution.] For there is no [Constitution] but of God: the [Constitution] that be [is] ordained of God. Whosoever therefore resisteth the [Constitution], resisteth the ordinance of God:American Romans Ch.13v1-7 C.Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    ya just wait till the change happens here I mean really happens Soviet style

Our problems spam years over multi presidents and politicians. Don't get me wrong they are still no good but blaming today's problems on today's politician would not be fair. Now Jimmy Carter, there is a good place to start. :)