Dog Chapman Goes On Racist Rant - Fired From A&E - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Dog Chapman Goes On Racist Rant - Fired From A&E

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories of AL, former USA
    Posts
    7,380
    Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    ....I think there are laws against recording a private phone conversation without the knowledge of the other party. Anybody?
    I saw his (Dog's) lawyer being interviewed on Hannity & Colmes I think it was, and that question came up. He said that as long as the person doing the recording is a party to the conversation, then the other party need not be informed of the recording. That's my understanding of how most jurisdictions work as well.

    I think he had given up his right to own firearms. Moral fiber not good. Sure did not sound like a man of faith.
    He's an ex-felon, so yes, his 2nd Amendment rights have, and continue to be after thirty years as a productive member of society, forfeited.

    As to his faith, all I can go by is his willingness to unabashedly proclaim it in every episode that I watched, which is probably around half of 'em over the last couple or three years. The family gathers in a circle and says a prayer before going on the hunt. I suppose it's a valid point to see the dichotomy of him being so out front in his Christianity, but swearing like a drunken sailor all the time, and now this. Not being a man of faith myself, and only going by what I hear from people who claim to be, no one is without sin. Chapman has asked for forgiveness, apologized profusely, sought counsel from his preacher, who by the way, happens to be black, and he's promised that no matter what happens with his A&E gig, he has said his last cuss word and his last racial slur. Would've been nice if he had had that epiphany before this all blew up, but it is what it is. From what little I know of Christianity, redemption is free for the taking for all who sincerely ask for it. He has. Are people of high faith supposed to be unforgiving when their God promises to be all-forgiving? That seems no less a dichotomy to me than being a believer but also having a loud and dirty mouth.

    Blues
    No one has ever heard me say that I "hate" cops, because I don't. This is why I will never trust one again though: You just never know...

  2.   
  3. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    St. Louis Metro Area (IL)
    Posts
    146
    I don't agree with what he said and feel the apology was in order once it went public, but this was a private conversation and I think it is crap it is hurting his career.

    I have watched his show a couple of time and didn't care for it, but it is his life and livelyhood and think he should have the right to sue the paper for releasing the tape.

    These papers say that the public has the right to know about people in the public eye, but I really don't care and think it is none of my business what people do off camera.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

    --- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

  4. I heard his lawyer being interviewed. His lawyer is African American. He and his wife were wed by an African American Pastor.

    How racist can he be? Hey, he got p.o.ed at his kid.

    Probably the first parent in history to ever do that. :D

  5. #14

    Dog

    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    What you say to your kids can sometimes come back and bite you in the rear. Dog just learned that simple fact. Telling his son to get rid of his girl friend is a small mistake. Using racial slurs doing it is unforgivable.

    What he did was wrong but if it was the other way around, if he was black and made slurs against someone that is white calling them cracker or white trash etc. would there be this kind of out cry? I feel there is a great double standered in this country.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    What he did was wrong but if it was the other way around, if he was black and made slurs against someone that is white calling them cracker or white trash etc. would there be this kind of out cry? I feel there is a great double standered in this country.
    KH4U, I agree with you to an extent. This should be a two way street, however, racism in this case was quite evident. Dog was trying to make his son leave his girlfriend only because she's black. In doing so he used some racially charged references that were unnecessary and now he's paying a price for it. Once you become a celebrity many people may look up to you, including kids. Is this the kind of "hero" you want your kids to follow?

  7. #16

    Dog

    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    KH4U, I agree with you to an extent. This should be a two way street, however, racism in this case was quite evident. Dog was trying to make his son leave his girlfriend only because she's black. In doing so he used some racially charged references that were unnecessary and now he's paying a price for it. Once you become a celebrity many people may look up to you, including kids. Is this the kind of "hero" you want your kids to follow?
    No he is not an example I would want any one to emulate. On the other hand when The Al Sharptens and Jessie Jacksons can go on a rant about some white students that were supposed to have raped a stripper before all the facts were in and then when her story turns out to be a load of dung you never here an apoligy, we are at a point in this country were we "...strain at a gnat and swallow a camel' Matthew 23:24.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    No he is not an example I would want any one to emulate. On the other hand when The Al Sharptens and Jessie Jacksons can go on a rant about some white students that were supposed to have raped a stripper before all the facts were in and then when her story turns out to be a load of dung you never here an apoligy, we are at a point in this country were we "...strain at a gnat and swallow a camel' Matthew 23:24.
    As stated before I do agree with you. I don't think Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are "heros" either. EVERYONE should be held accountable for their actions.

  9. Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can not. What happened to the 1st. amenment. This is bs as is all name calling. Actions speak louder than words. Words are just words. ( DOG GONE)

  10. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida,Port Richey
    Posts
    212

    Jc40

    I think that is is all sensationalism at it`s finest.There aren`t many people in this world that have never said something racist at one point and time in their life,even sharpton or jackson and this is just another thing for people like that to run their ignorant mouths and get publicity.If Dogs punishment is that he looses his show,so be it and get on with more important things.Any public figure should know they have to be extra careful with what they say or do because someone is always watching.

  11. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by JC40 View Post
    I think that is is all sensationalism at it`s finest.There aren`t many people in this world that have never said something racist at one point and time in their life,even sharpton or jackson and this is just another thing for people like that to run their ignorant mouths and get publicity.If Dogs punishment is that he looses his show,so be it and get on with more important things.Any public figure should know they have to be extra careful with what they say or do because someone is always watching.
    This may very well be true, however, once you become a celebrity your life is an open book. Your being watched and the first time you screw up it's going to be all over the news. This is the reason a celebrity, or politician, should be extremely carefull of how they act and speak. Not to mention the fact that kids may look up to them as "heros".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast