The Country of Texas - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Country of Texas

lived in texas for 2 years and had no problem with the language.. it was way too hot for me but I would gladly move back if it meant obama could not screw with me and my rights.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    lived in texas for 2 years and had no problem with the language.. it was way too hot for me but I would gladly move back if it meant obama could not screw with me and my rights.
    It is hotter than I like and I have lived here all my life. For me that is the only downside. If I were to move it would be to somewhere that has mountains and 4 distinct seasons. There are some mountains but Texas is so big you have to drive all day to get to them. It is as a whole a pretty right wing state, thank the Lord, although with the influx of a lot of liberals over the recent years there are areas that do have way to many of them. Austin in particular.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    All of the states prior to 1860 had the right to secede from the Union. When a group of states exercised that right, Abe got his feelings hurt, suspended Habeus Corpus, killed civilians, destroyed civilian property, and forced those states to submit to Federal rule. Our personal rights have been on a downward slide since then.
    Around here we call it " The war of northern aggression "
    If you get to thinkin you're a person of some influence, try orderin' someone else's dog around

Quote Originally Posted by DocBoCook View Post
    Can't agree with you there, from personal experience, if you don't speak spanish, you can't function well outside of the military bases. Texas and California are the reasons we need to enact an Official Language into law
    I haven't had any issue when I go to DFW or Houston. Now CA is another issue. Can't argue that one since I-5 @ San Ysidro is more busy with Mexican pedestrian traffic than the Las Vegas Strip is on New Years Eve and this was over 15 years ago when I lived in San Diego.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RDW View Post
    Around here we call it " The war of northern aggression "
    We here in the South have some names for that event, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12