Check This Out

Thread: Check This Out

Check This Out

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

He should have burned the Mexican flag flag while he was a it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

the patriot involved did the right thing in my opinion. Good on him. The restaraunt should be boycotted into bankruptcy.

Does anyone remember when immigrants used to come here, knew they HAD to learn English to function, immediately knew that they wanted to be part of our country because they were getting away from whatever it was they were leaving in their home country? And they were proud to be americans as soon as they had their citizenship? What ever happened to that?
    M1 Garand, Kimber Custom Carry II, Ruger P-95, Mossberg Persuader 12ga., Charles Daly 12ga(My gobbler gobbler)
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/10/311.html

Did anyone ask the restaurant owner to adjust his flags? That didn't seem to be in the news report. Maybe he didn't realize that it would be offensive.

There seems to be a strong emotional reaction where immigrants from Spanish-speaking countries are concerned. Although not that great at gauging human emotion, I don't believe that I've witnessed the same type of feelings concerning people from Europe, Africa or Asia.

I've never heard of any impassioned episodes in Viet nail salons, Chinese restaurants or with Eastern Europeans, even though there's a lot of very poor ones who have terrible or nonexistent English. Not to jump to any conclusions here, but it seems an awful lot like individuals from Mexico and South/Central America are commonly considered the "bad immigrants".

Obviously some areas of the country do have problems with illegal immigrants. However, it's illogical to assume that each immigrant bears the full weight of the transgressions of all others who have come before them. That would be like saying that a random citizen from Kansas is tainted by every bad thing that a US citizen has ever done to a particular nation.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Did anyone ask the restaurant owner to adjust his flags? That didn't seem to be in the news report. Maybe he didn't realize that it would be offensive.

There seems to be a strong emotional reaction where immigrants from Spanish-speaking countries are concerned. Although not that great at gauging human emotion, I don't believe that I've witnessed the same type of feelings concerning people from Europe, Africa or Asia.

I've never heard of any impassioned episodes in Viet nail salons, Chinese restaurants or with Eastern Europeans, even though there's a lot of very poor ones who have terrible or nonexistent English. Not to jump to any conclusions here, but it seems an awful lot like individuals from Mexico and South/Central America are commonly considered the "bad immigrants".

Obviously some areas of the country do have problems with illegal immigrants. However, it's illogical to assume that each immigrant bears the full weight of the transgressions of all others who have come before them. That would be like saying that a random citizen from Kansas is tainted by every bad thing that a US citizen has ever done to a particular nation.

I have not seen anyone from Europe that I know of hoist their countries flag above the American flag. If their country is that great they are free to leave.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    I have not seen anyone from Europe that I know of hoist their countries flag above the American flag. If their country is that great they are free to leave.
    Would it be too much trouble to have someone go and explain to the guy how and why that particular display of the flag is offensive? The concept may not be something they're familiar with.

Old news, but they should have given the guy a medal, after he burned it in the street!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by toreskha View Post
    Would it be too much trouble to have someone go and explain to the guy how and why that particular display of the flag is offensive? The concept may not be something they're familiar with.
    WELCOME TO MY COUNTRY...

DO You think he has learned a VALUABLE lesson ??

if you live on the LEFT coast or Southwest(or MIAMI)...you would (or should) Know where this Veteran /AMERICAN is coming from ...I DO !

Quote Originally Posted by BT2Flip View Post
    WELCOME TO MY COUNTRY...

DO You think he has learned a VALUABLE lesson ??
    If I lived in Mexico and something like that happened to me, I would just assume that the locals dislike flags.