Don't taze me, sonny?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't taze me, sonny?

Don't taze me, sonny?

Here's an interesting one: Chicago police taze a 82-year old woman who was swinging a hammer. Sure, swinging a hammer at cops is a bad idea... I have to wonder how hard is it to disarm a 82-year old? I don't know, maybe she was a very sprightly octogenarian?

Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

I've known some older folks who could do some serious harm if need be..don't know abt this lady's ability tho..maybe it was "justified"??
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Hammer time!

Okay, somebody had to say it...

Truth is mighty and will prevail. There is nothing the matter with this, except that it ain't so.

-Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post
    Here's an interesting one: Chicago police taze a 82-year old woman who was swinging a hammer. Sure, swinging a hammer at cops is a bad idea... I have to wonder how hard is it to disarm a 82-year old? I don't know, maybe she was a very sprightly octogenarian?

She was probably "hammered" at the time. :D

Let's do the math.

So, to sum up...

+

=

-Mark Twain

I would have thought she could be easily detained. It is possible, I suppose, that tazing her could have hurt her less than physically detaining her. She has already been released from the hospital. Had they tried to take the hammer away from her she might have suffered broken bones, etc. Just an idea. I can't really see me tazing an 82 year old woman.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Quote Originally Posted by ishi View Post

It's easy to sit here and second guess police officers after the fact. Age does not necessarily mean a person is weak. I've gone to a rodeo where a 61 year old lady was entered in the saddle bronc contest, she got thrown from her horse before the end of her ride, got up, dusted herself off and gave a wave to the crowd. And from looking at her, she could kick a lot of younger men's asses.

If anyone knows the story of Trooper Vetter and Melvin Hale (72). While initiating a traffic stop Hale pulled a rifle and shot Trooper Vetter. Vetter died 5 days later from his wounds.
    [B]Μολών Λαβέ

كافر , and proud of it

I think it was more humane than pepper spray,both could have caused death in a ill person< so could a hammer.

82 year old

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I would have thought she could be easily detained. It is possible, I suppose, that tazing her could have hurt her less than physically detaining her. She has already been released from the hospital. Had they tried to take the hammer away from her she might have suffered broken bones, etc. Just an idea. I can't really see me tazing an 82 year old woman.

I agree, on the other hand I can't see letting someone hit me in the head with a hammer either.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Hammer

I can't make a judgment call, as I was not there, but if I could have subdued the woman by other means I would have certainly done so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast