Cops say the Darndest things.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cops say the Darndest things....

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I keep getting these calls from the local LEO groups wanting me to donate to some cause or to purchase tickets to something. At first I wondered if they kept a list of those that didn't and would look less favorably on me if I didn't help them out if I needed them. Then I founf out that all of them use a marketing firm and the LEO group actually gets only a small percentage of whatever amount they raise. Now I tell them no without worrying about it.
    This off the Okaloosa Co. Sheriff's website:
    ***** A WORD OF ADVICE ABOUT TELEPHONE SOLICITORS: Neither the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office nor the Florida Sheriff's Association use telephone solicitation at any time, and do not endorse any group that solicits by telephone.*****

lol
    Save a Greyhound. Adopt One.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    This off the Okaloosa Co. Sheriff's website:
    ***** A WORD OF ADVICE ABOUT TELEPHONE SOLICITORS: Neither the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office nor the Florida Sheriff's Association use telephone solicitation at any time, and do not endorse any group that solicits by telephone.*****
    That is true about most police agency's, they do not solicit money for their projects.... they use other methods that do not make it voulantary....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    AND THE WINNER IS....

1 'You didn't think we give pretty women tickets? You're right, we
    don't. Sign here.
    This last one was taken from the truetv channel's show "Speeders". I about fell on the floor when I heared the cop say it to the gal. The thing was, she wasn't that bad looking in her early 20s. But she had one hell of a bad attitude.
    AHH! Coffee the elixir of life!
    Coffee the elixir of life!

7. #15 should be in the top 5

I was pulled over years ago(my first and only ticket)knock on wood.
    The Deputy asked me if I knew how fast I was going........I calmly said No,but do you know how fast you were going to catch up with me? $187.50 later I learned Not to say that anymore.
    Its Better To Have It And Not Need It Than To Need It And Not Have It.

The last one that called me (after asking a lot of questions) told me that they collected money to buy weight lifting and other things for the prisoners. I gave no money, the Hell with the prisoners.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12