same sex question costs beauty queen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: same sex question costs beauty queen

same sex question costs beauty queen

No mater how qualified one is if you are not politically correct you you are in trouble. Good of her for standing up for here convictions. The judge is not only a reprobate but an idiot also.

Breaking News | Latest News | Current News - FOXNews.com
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

An opinion question should be just that, an opinion. It shouldn't be scored or judged.

4. +1 on that HK good for her and the judge is out of line.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

It was. She was judged on her verbal elegance and eloquence in answering the question. Not the content of her opinion, but how clearly and concisely she can communicate her opinion.

WTF is opposite marriage? Divorce? In your country? What country is that? The country of Californa?

She might as well have taken her shoe off and just started chewing on her foot. She would have come off more verbally competent that way.

Anyone remember Miss South Carolina in the Miss Teen USA 2007 competition? YouTube - Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question A) Came off mouth-breathingly stupid, but also B) gave just a rambling, incoherent response. this is the same scenario. Only difference is that the content of the question and answer featured the political hot potatoe of gay marriage.
    When they "Nudge. Shove. Shoot.",
    Don't retreat. Just reload.

Nice bodies, not much in the smarts department it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    It was. She was judged on her verbal elegance and eloquence in answering the question. Not the content of her opinion, but how clearly and concisely she can communicate her opinion.

WTF is opposite marriage? Divorce? In your country? What country is that? The country of Californa?

She might as well have taken her shoe off and just started chewing on her foot. She would have come off more verbally competent that way.

Anyone remember Miss South Carolina in the Miss Teen USA 2007 competition? YouTube - Miss Teen USA 2007 - South Carolina answers a question A) Came off mouth-breathingly stupid, but also B) gave just a rambling, incoherent response. this is the same scenario. Only difference is that the content of the question and answer featured the political hot potatoe of gay marriage.
    Yes, they caught Miss California when several of her brain cells weren't working too well. "Opposite sex marriage..." would have made more sense. And I think it would have gone over better if she would have said; "Our country..." instead of "My country..."

And the Miss South Carolina one just reinforces why I don't watch TV.

A poll showed that for every 100 Americans asked, 20 of them couldn't locate where the USA is on a world map.

I don't quite get where South Africa and Iraq enter into the picture that Miss South Carolina kept talking about. What does South Africa and Iraq have to do with every fifth American not being able to point to which country the USA is on a world map? (I think Teegarden said a fifth of Americans, it might have been a sixth, couldn't hear what Teegarden said that clearly)

And the audience is applauding Miss South Carolina and her answer? In an average population example, 50% of the people will be below average IQ. Looks like if you sampled that audience, about 90% of them would be below average IQ. Not much common sense either. But I have noticed that in the last 25-30 years...that common sense isn't so common any more.

Ken

political hot potatoe of gay marriage.
    When it has to do with politics, does that mean you spell potato with an "e"? When I seen that I was reminded of Dan Quayle. Smile, its funny.

When it has to do with politics, does that mean you spell potato with an "e"? When I seen that I was reminded of Dan Quayle. Smile, its funny.
    If you go back and check Dan was provided cards to call out the words for the spelling bee. The card he was given had potatoE on it rather than the correct spelling. Probably given to him by some democrat as a set up.

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    I tend to disagree with that. Look at the facial expressions as soon as she states marriage is between a man and a woman. Compare that to the expressions immediately following the statement about the bail out. One question was highly controversial the other a popular opinion. The judgement began even before the entire statement was completed.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    If you go back and check Dan was provided cards to call out the words for the spelling bee. The card he was given had potatoE on it rather than the correct spelling. Probably given to him by some democrat as a set up.
    "According to his memoirs, Quayle was uncomfortable with the version he gave, but did so because he decided to trust the school's incorrect written materials."

I wouldn't have put the "e" on it, no matter what the card said. It COULD have been a setup by someone knowing all the mistakes he makes. Read the Wikipedia article
    on him and it just makes a person shake their head. Looks like he would say impossible stuff like "I have made good judgments in the past. I have made good judgments in the future"

He's made good judgments in the future and then came back here! Quite a trick.

Wiki article

He seems to have done well for himself though.

Ken

My two favorite veeps were Quayle and Cheney. I really liked both of those guys and they gave the media plenty of stuff to keep the heat off of the POTUS.

I remember the stories about the Secret Service being ordered that in any assination attempt on Bush Sr. to use Quayle as a shield rather than themselves. Be sure both flew on the same plane and a sniper trained on Qualye at all times in case the President died. Use whatever was necessary that if the President died the office wouldn't be filled by Quayle.

Mr. ( or MRS.?) Perez Hilton only asked the question to get himself some publicity for his blog. Good for her for speaking her mind and not giving a scripted PC response. The news spoke as if she just kicked a puppy, " how dare she say that"

What is this country coming to when you are looked down upon if you disagree with something as sick as same sex marriage??

I for one think its just plain disgusting!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast