Exclamation Quotes from famous leaders

"The price of greatness is responsibility"
    Winston Churchill
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

"You cannot invade the mainland United
    States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself! They are the American people's Liberty Teeth and keystone under Independence. From the hour the Pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to insure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere, restrains evil interference -- they deserve a place of honor with all that's good!"
    --President George Washington, in a speech to Congress. 7 January, 1790

"The tank, the B-52, the fighter-bomber, the state-controlled police and military are the weapons of dictatorship. The rifle is the weapon of democracy. If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military. The hired servants of our rulers. Only the government - and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws."
    -- Edward Abbey, The Right to Arms, Abbey's Road, 1979

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Wolf View Post

"When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    I am in fear.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

No damned man kills me and lives.

Nathan Bedford Forrest
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Patrick Henry :

"Three millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Beside, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of Nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us."
    War is Inevitable, March 1775.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Alexander Hamilton :

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for among old parchments or musty records. They are written, as with a sunbeam, in the whole volume of human nature by the hand of the Divinity itself, and can never be erased or obscured by mortal power."
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

My personal favorite:
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin
    When it comes to handguns, there are Sig Sauers, then there's everything else.

Only give a man as much respect as he gives you.

Grand Dad

He was not a famous leader but he was one of the smartest men that I have ever met.
    If you get to thinkin you're a person of some influence, try orderin' someone else's dog around

from the "Gipper"

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." - R. Reagan
    Legalize Freedom!

building an AR on my blog

If ye love wealth better than Liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of Freedom, go from us in Peace. We ask not your counsel or Arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. --Samuel Adams—

That's right, Samuel Adams is not just a beer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast