How real is YOUR threat? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: How real is YOUR threat?

  1. #11
    I live near General Sumter in Charleston SC. I have never been in a situation where I felt I needed a gun. However, I know that the threat is out there. I think the more law abiding citizens we have that carry the better. This is a great place to live and I'd like to keep it that way.

    I will however, keep my eye on General Sumter and his buddies. They seem suspicious to me :-)

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by CNCSC View Post
    I live near General Sumter in Charleston SC. I have never been in a situation where I felt I needed a gun. However, I know that the threat is out there. I think the more law abiding citizens we have that carry the better. This is a great place to live and I'd like to keep it that way.

    I will however, keep my eye on General Sumter and his buddies. They seem suspicious to me :-)
    Probably Right Wing Extremists I am thinking.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

  4. #13
    Rick O'Shay. Living in Memphis i can only assume you're armed head to toe and back again.

  5. #14
    I live in Norfolk, and im armed when i can be. Last week two people in masks entered a DORM at ODU and were ARMED. Thankfully no one was hurt, but that doesnt matter because in the last 2 weeks there have been at least 3 homicides. Gotta love Norfolk Va.
    "Injustice anywhere is a threat to Justice everywhere".
    -MLK

  6. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Rick O'Shay. Living in Memphis i can only assume you're armed head to toe and back again.
    Not really. I always have my Kimber Pro Carry with two spare mags and a knife, but that is it. My best defense I believe is having my head on a swivel.
    The Avatar is my Great-Great Grandaddy, CPL Samuel Francis Bondurant, Co. D, 4th Alabama, Law's Brigade, Benning's Division, 1st Corp, Army of Northern Virginia, shot through right thigh 2 JUL 1863.

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick O'Shay View Post
    Not really. I always have my Kimber Pro Carry with two spare mags and a knife, but that is it. My best defense I believe is having my head on a swivel.
    Couldn't have said it better.

  8. #17
    I live in the country but not far outside the city limits. We are also not far from a major city, Dallas. I sometimes open carry on my land and look forward to getting my Conceiled licence in the mail any time. I have a 9mm darenger that is for carring when we go out and a9mm auto when I feel like more load. I have carried in the past only when I traveled. I feel safe in my home but I know police responce time is slow due to were I live. Crime is all around and can happen at any time.

  9. #18
    I live in a rural area just outside a small town. But I work all over South Carolina and some areas of NC and GA. A lot of my work is done at night between midnight and 6 AM. Nothing like American Av in Charleston at 3 AM! It is getting bad even in broad daylight. We repaired a fiber optic cable 1 block from the Statehouse in Columbia shot in a drive-by at 1 in the afternoon. Always be aware of where you are and what is going on around you.
    [

  10. #19
    I live about 5 miles outside of town, in an area of several acre homesites mixed with farmland. The nearest cities are 5 and 10 miles away, both about 20k people, on the fringe of the Mpls/St. Paul metro area. The Met Council has been exporting inner city problems to the suburbs for years through housing subsidies and affordable housing requirements. The nearby county has been advertising for people to come up and take advantage of the generous welfare benefits. Yep, these small towns are now getting gangs, shootings and robberies at an increasing rate.

    The danger is overall low, but response time will likely be 5 minutes or so and I don't want to wait that long for assistance.
    "Gun a Month" Club Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast