You Scare Me - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: You Scare Me

  1. #11

    BHO replies to Scare Me

    AN OPEN LETTER TO [Alleged] [Elected] President Obama

    Dear [Alleged] [Elected] President Obama:

    You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me. You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.
    I guess you don't watch television, read a newspaper, use the Internet, or listen to the radio. Maybe you don't really want to know anything about me, other than listen to outright lies and innuendos. Oh, in case you haven't heard – there is a biography, that might be a good place to start.

    You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.
    Do a little research on your own; and, when you find the dirty laundry you are implying is there, please share it with the Justice Department, FBI, CIA,NSA...oh, the American people might like to see your carefully documented evidence too. Did you ever consider that I might be smart enough, and worked hard for that education and lifestyle. One thing is certain, I didn't have a rich, powerful Daddy to get me through a Ivy League school with barely passing grades.

    You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”? For someone who makes this claim, you sure do have a whole lot of specific allegations to make.

    How stupid of me - I have been thinking Hawaii was in fact a State. O.k., just who do you consider culturally an American? Duh, there I go again, being stupid, of course I know that a black man by the name of Barack Hussein Obama couldn't possibly be a real American.

    You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    Hey, you got that right; I'm sure you were pretty critical of Mr. Bush's business acumen as well.

    You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don’t understand it at its core…
    But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    Hmmm...didn't a well respected, battle tested General, and Republican endorse me? Gee, it must be my age, I'm really slipping today; he endorsed me because we are both black – isn't that right? Being the fair person you obviously are, you must have had real issues with Sarah's lack of military experience, and anyone who would use the money and political power of their father to avoid going into harm's way.

    You scare me because you lack humility and ‘class’, always blaming others. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    Even if I were guilty of those sins, I do not think scary would be the appropriate word; perhaps vain?
    Sorry, I always thought it was self confidence, and putting blame where due – if the shoe fits...


    You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    Lou, when did you write this letter? Have you seen any “radical extremists” making Molotov cocktails in the Oval Office lately?

    You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the ‘blame America’ crowd and deliver this message abroad. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    And I thought that we were finally regaining the respect we had enjoyed for many years, and lost with the failed policies of...

    You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    Simply, not true. If the majority of American people do not agree with the direction the country is going at the end of this term, then a new President will be elected to change course. This is not scary; this is what makes America great - VOTE

    You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    Again, simply not true. There are very few who can deny that our present health care system is in dire need of serious overhaul. Lose your job, health insurance and get a serious illness, and you will change your tune.

    You scare me because you prefer ‘wind mills’ to responsibly capitalizing on , our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    Yep, I was right, you don't watch much T.V. Sounds like you never saw, or maybe don't remember seeing this: YouTube - Barack Obama Supports Developing Clean Coal Technology

    You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    Unfortunately, this is the sort of sound bite – without substance – that some people are only too willing to buy into.

    You scare me because you have begun to use ‘extortion’ tactics against certain banks and corporations.
    But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    Watch “House of Cards”, CNBC, for a look at the unbridled greed exhibited by some banks. You would have the banks run amok, leaving the American people in a crisis?

    You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    Wrong; a good number have. And, that's the way it should be.

    You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O’Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    RNC Michael Steele's words – not mine – Limbaugh is a, “...entertainer”

    Fox News Shep Smith on Glenn Beck:
    YouTube - Shep Smith Mocks 'Glenn Beck Friday,' 'I Don't Even Know What The Heck The Thing Is'
    YouTube - Shepard Smith Goofs on Glenn Beck!

    Many more real Conservatives in the spirit (intelligent, critical thinking) of William F. Buckley, or George Will have rejected the type of entertainment they are providing.
    So, what is it they all have in common? Here's a little test: (a) all have “Entertainment Shows” (b) all have served gallantly in our Armed Forces (c) all are using their shows as platforms to unite Americans (d) all are making many millions of dollars sowing lies, misinformation and sometimes outright divisive hatred.


    You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing. But I thought you said that, “...after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.”?

    The American People control America. We elect Leaders to lead us where we want to go. Remember, there's always the ballot box where you can express you wishes for leadership. In my case, the American people expressed their desire for change, and elected me President.

    Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.
    Finally, if I do succeed in keeping America safe, getting the Economy back on track, I will be your Elected President and Commander-In-Chief once again.

    This is from David B. Kopel, the research director of the Independence Institute, based in Golden, Colo., and an associate policy analyst with the Cato Institute. He is the co-author of “Gun Control and Gun Rights.”
    "President Obama has put his principle into practice, signing a bill which, besides changing the laws about credit cards, repeals an inappropriate federal regulation. Thanks to the new law, the federal rules about guns in national parks and wildlife refuges will be the same as the laws of the host states."

    This is from John R. Lott Jr., a senior research scientist at the University of Maryland and the author of “More Guns, Less Crime” and “The Bias Against Guns.”
    "Massive majorities in the House and Senate, both Republicans and Democrats, voted to eliminate the gun ban in national parks."

    Is this the action of a Gun Grabber? A staunch "Liberal"?
    Come on everyone...relax.

    Exodus 23:7
    Leviticus 19:16
    Last edited by Loyal; 05-22-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: clarity

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    Is this the action of a Gun Grabber? A staunch "Liberal"?
    Come on everyone...relax.

    Exodus 23:7
    Leviticus 19:16
    It is if you consider the fact that he has said many times he still supports a permanent AWB. We know you are an Obama supporter, more power to you, but he will sign anti 2A legislation as soon as he can. The media will help him do so. Constant vigilance is needed whether you believe so or not.

  4. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    Simply, not true. If the majority of American people do not agree with the direction the country is going at the end of this term, then a new President will be elected to change course. This is not scary; this is what makes America great - VOTE
    Years ago, that wasn't a problem... VOTING wasn't. BUT, what is happening now isn't good.

    Even though I am pretty young, I can remember 40-50 years ago that just about EVERYONE worked. That's cool. And most of them VOTED.

    Now we have GENERATIONS of people who have never worked a day of their life. And THEY are VOTING.

    If Obama gets his way and legalizes the 20 or 30 MILLION who are here illegally in the USofA, then a LARGE percentage (if not all of them) will VOTE for him the next election.

    The playing field is NOT level anymore. Not even close.

    America is playing the stupid fool. "WE" are handing it to whoever wants it for free.

    There did NOT used to be welfare, people worked. We need to make America THAT WAY again. And soon.

    I work, I vote. I think that is the way it should be. A LOT of people are glad I am NOT in charge of voting I bet. They like it just the way it is. With dead people voting, with people voting 10 or 15 times. Donald Duck and Woody Woodpecker voting. And a very LARGE percentage of those people voted for... what was his name?

    It is bad times for the USofA.

  5. #14
    At the end of his term he will have done much to destroy America, subvert the constitution and move us much closer to the one world government/NWO. He is not the only bureaucrat that wants America to move in that direction in fact for a number of years now most of our presidents have been on board with this however it appears that he has moved us on to the fast track and it is full speed ahead. What is sad is that a majority of Americans don't understand this or even care.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  6. #15

    vigilance and Truth

    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    It is if you consider the fact that he has said many times he still supports a permanent AWB. We know you are an Obama supporter, more power to you, but he will sign anti 2A legislation as soon as he can. The media will help him do so. Constant vigilance is needed whether you believe so or not.
    ronwill, I am not a Obama supporter; what I am is: a person who supports the Truth - even when it hurts.
    "...you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:32
    When I am shaving in the morning I don't see a young, tall, handsome, intelligent, happy looking man. What I do see is this old guy staring back at me: gray hair, ago, scars from skin cancer, wrinkles and a generally sour looking disposition.
    My brain and the image in the mirror connect - Truth hits me - that's me. I admit, and accept it.
    The story is different when I go to the gym where guys my age, and older, are strut'n around, stopping between sets to admire themselves in the mirrors like Arnold at his prime, pumping up for a Mr. Universe contest.
    Not much harm is done when the lie is between you and a mirror; consequences are few, with nothing more than a bruised ego as the result of coming to grips with the Truth.

    Bigger lies have serious, and possibly unintended consequences.

    When I see, read and hear the falsehoods that are being perpetrated about Obama, I take exception, as I would if it had been President McCain as the target of fabrications from zealots on the Left. I am sick of getting emails declaring Obama a “Socialist” from people who don't know the difference between a socialist and a vocalist.
    Lies, innuendo and undisguised fear mongering, are repugnant to me, and a few million more Americans. We are not the extremes at either end of the Bell Curve; we're conservative on some issues, liberal on others, but for the most part, we are somewhere in the middle.

    As Joe Friday used to say “Just the facts...”
    I always heard it said that you can't talk about politics or religion, and now that it is more important than ever to have these discussions, I see my country, friends and family polarized as never before.
    If someone has well documented facts (no slurs or slander; no code words, no winky, winky - you know what I really mean) that are proof of wrong doing pertaining to President Obama, please show me.
    If it is of a criminal nature, then by all means, let's get it to the Justice Dept. and the FBI.

    Do any of you remember the commercial with the punchline, “Where's the beef?”
    Simply put, that is what I want; substantive, factual information – in other words - “...the beef”; not the garbage that is being passed off as the truth.
    But look, you are trusting in deceptive words that are worthless. Jeremiah 7:8

    After verifying it, I will be happy to call family, email friends and post that information on the Internet.
    I will do my best to see that the Truth is heard – loud and clear.
    If you want to label something as “opinion” - fine; I can understand that, but don't mislabel it as Gospel.
    Because I don't want to sound “holier than thou”; everyone should be entitled to at least one emotional, irrational position – as long as it does no serious harm to another who may, or may not, be deserving of my “opinion”.
    An opinion is all the more robust if it is reinforced with facts, not just hearsay, or wild eyed speculation.
    And, that is my opinion.

    If you think Obama is scary, there are individuals who are swallowing every bitter lie they hear...I don't think I need say more; other than, the potential consequences could effect us, the Gun Community, in a very negative way.
    A truthful witness saves lives, but a false witness is deceitful. Proverbs 14:25

    ronwill, your point “Constant vigilance is needed...”, is well taken, and I wholeheartedly do believe it appropriate.
    I did say “...relax.”, not go to sleep.

    As far as the “media” helping Obama make moves contrary to our 2nd Amendment rights; in this age of the Internet, all other forms of media are fast becoming less relevant. Obama realized this power and exploited it to the fullest, with impressive results.
    We, the Gun Community, can use the Internet to disseminate the Truth about the 2nd Amendment and the wisdom of the right to self defense. (Two instances where I had my off duty gun, and one on duty where my partner had his gun, were all I ever needed to convince me.)
    This is the sort of debate we need; we are clearly the winners: FORA.tv - Gun Control Debate

    Back to Obama, IMHO Obama is...why don't we listen to John McCain:



    However...
    I must give the following qualifications to my so called “support” of Obama.
    The retelling of a personal experience is in order.
    At my first Union meeting ('73) I asked what I thought was a very important question that needed answering.
    The President of the Union looked me straight in the eye and proceeded to do a tap dance, a little soft shoe, and then finished up with some Verbal Tai Chi.
    Huh?
    What just happened? I asked myself.
    He never answered my question.
    He helped us his first term; pretty well screwed us his second term, and then went on to become a Congressman.
    Obama is – above all else – a Politician. Hopefully, more often than not - and I have yet to see proof positive otherwise - he will be reasonably honest and working in the best interest of America - this term.
    He is too astute a politician to throw away even a fraction of our 90 million votes – towards his next term.
    So, before I “support” him for a second term I will be watching very closely, especially gun rights issues.
    This is, of course, is my very, very humble opinion.

    Oregon Vet
    “Now we have GENERATIONS of people who have never worked a day of their life.”
    And whose fault is that?
    Would it be the GENERATIONS of politicians, both Democrat and Republican who were at the helm during all these years?
    Or, is it our fault for allowing this to begin, and continue to this day? And probably will continue, well into the future.

    The great majority of our “Leaders”, running the full gamut from Bush, McCain, and yes, Obama, have supported some form of Immigration Reform (a euphemism for illegal immigration).
    There was a lone exception – Tom Tancredo, but sadly, he is gone from the political scene.

    There are demographic studies showing this country is not all that far from having a Spanish speaking majority.
    RELEASED: 12:01 A.M. EDT, JUNE 9, 2005 (THURSDAY)
    Robert Bernstein
    Public Information Office (301) 763-3030/457-3670
    Hispanic Population Passes 40 Million,
    Census Bureau Reports


    Growth of the Hispanic-origin population will probably be a major element of the total population growth.
    According to the middle series, the Hispanic-origin population would be the largest growing group. By 2000, the Hispanic-origin population may increase to 31 million, double its 1990 size by 2015, and quadruple its 1990 size by the middle of the next century. In fact, the Hispanic-origin population would contribute 32 percent of the Nation's population growth from 1990 to 2000, 39 percent from 2000 to 2010, 45 percent from 2010 to 2030, and 60 percent from 2030 to 2050.


    What I find far more frightening than trying to remember some high school Spanish in order to buy groceries, is this:
    The Graduate Center, CUNY
    Since most Muslim experts claim that around 1 in 4 American Muslims to be of Arab origin, then if we use this AAI estimate of 850,000 Arab-American Muslims, the total Muslim population logically cannot be more than 3.4 million-which, in fact, is close to the upper range of the ARIS 2001 estimate of 2.8 million.

    Times Online
    The Muslim population in Britain has grown by more than 500,000 to 2.4 million in just four years, according to official research collated for The Times.
    The population multiplied 10 times faster than the rest of society, the research by the Office for National Statistics reveals. In the same period the number of Christians in the country fell by more than 2 million.


    On always telling the Truth
    Try this little experiment for yourself: the next few times someone asks you “Hey, ronwill, how ya doin?” Tell them the Truth, and watch that smile turn into a frown as they run away from you.
    You see, if I were asked that question, my answer might go like this: “I think my hemorrhoids are coming back because I'm constipated all the time – think I might have stomach cancer? My kids keep calling for more money, and my wife(2nd) calls me a “Gun Nut” because she found me at 1am staring at pictures of guns on the Internet. Louderthanwords • Index page
    OhhhSooo...beautiful.
    My Little Secret – Not a Lie
    Let's keep this amongst ourselves – OK, guys? I'm awaiting the return of my EMP from Springfield Custom. Spent more on that sweet little pistol than she has on all her shoes. Mike from the Springfield Custom Shop said he'll try to get my baby back by July.
    Hmm...maybe I am nuts about guns?
    That's ok – I'm the Man of the House.

    “Put your hands in the air and step away from the computer!”

    Gotta go - wife back!
    Last edited by Loyal; 05-24-2009 at 10:02 PM. Reason: update

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    ronwill, I am not a Obama supporter; what I am is: a person who supports the Truth - even when it hurts.As Joe Friday used to say “Just the facts...”
    Loyal I am a believer in facts also. The fact is Obama has said many times he supports a permanent AWB and it's even on the White House home page. While I don't consider him "Satan" as some do, and I don't support the theory he isn't a "natural" born citizen, I do believe he deserves close watching when it comes to 2A rights. You can look at his past voting record and his statements made in public to verify this. He says he supports the 2A and yet makes statements like "He has not backed off at all" on a campaign pledge to reinstate the AWB. Source: Obama, Calderón: Assault-gun ban could curb border violence - CNN.com

    He also supports a ban on all semiautomatic weapons. Source: Barack Obama on the Issues Look under Gun Control

  8. #17

    On board

    Hi ronwil,
    Just got back from 2nd Amendment and Politics
    After reading posts, and watching linked videos, I'm changing my tune - BIG TIME !!!
    Everything I've been asking for: facts, documentation and well reasoned opinions are there for all to see.
    I found the videos from UK especially disturbing.
    Ok, ronwil, I'm Scared to the core, and request permission to come on board.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Loyal View Post
    Hi ronwil,
    Just got back from 2nd Amendment and Politics
    After reading posts, and watching linked videos, I'm changing my tune - BIG TIME !!!
    Everything I've been asking for: facts, documentation and well reasoned opinions are there for all to see.
    I found the videos from UK especially disturbing.
    Ok, ronwil, I'm Scared to the core, and request permission to come on board.
    I wouldn't say I'm scared to the core just deeply worried. Welcome aboard though.

  10. #19
    Yes, definitely overstated by me. Thanks for the voice of reason and maturity; we need more of that.

  11. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    330

    ANTIgun - 100%

    The question is, where did you get your information from to start with, Loyal? Not off the TV I would hope, Obama OWNS the press and TV. He can do no wrong with them.

    You have to get on the Internet and LOOK. There are millions of pages on the www about him, not many of them good.

    LOOK at his voting record regarding gun control. He is ANTIgun to the core. He even voted on a law in his home state:

    That if you use a gun to protect yourself or family in your OWN home and killed or wounded a criminal who broke into your home...that you WOULD be PROSECUTED by the law!

    FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people who use firearms in self-defense.5

    5. Illinois Senate, SB 2165, March 25, 2004, vote 20 and May 25, 2004, vote 3.


    How much more antigun can you get than that? You harm or kill the bad guy who would think nothing of killing you and Obama votes to put YOU in jail/prison.

    Does the TV or press put that out "there" for everyone to see? NO WAY. There are far too many gun people, like you, who believe what they read in the paper or see on TV. Open your eyes, Loyal, you SAY you have, we have no way of knowing you have or not.

    But for MANY of us (and I speak for many on forums like this one, I am sure) gun owners in the USA, Obama is BAD news. He does NOT want any of us citizens to have ANY type of a weapon/gun.

    Concealed Carry
    "...I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry," Obama said. Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

    Mexico has a problem with guns and now Obama wants to take OUR guns away? Hello, AMERICA, wake up.

    I clicked on one of those links in one of your posts. Watched a few minutes of it. It was a couple years old, out dated. I guess it was a debate which doesn't do anything for anyone. People go to those things, they sit and listen, do a bunch switch from one side to the other? Not going to happen.

    I HAVE went the the Brady bunch website and looked at some of the stuff they post as FACT. I do a search, read the original information that was posted on the subject and then read the Brady bunches "take" on it and many times find they state AS FACT exactly 180 degrees WRONG info.

    Those (all the anti gunners) ARE experts at TWISTING info around so it tells what THEY want it to say. They do NOT care about the truth. It seems you were sucked up in that and maybe still are. We have no way of knowing.

    We DO know that Obama is ANTI 2nd amendment, ANTI gun, PRO give the Illegals FREE Citizenship, PRO tax the heck out of anyone trying to get ahead, PRO for registering all gun owners.

    Obama wants YOUR guns

    I don't like "them" (the government) taking my money (taxes) and giving it to people who don't work (welfare). I work harder, pay more taxes and they TAKE more and give it away.

    I believe in NO work history, then NO vote. If you have WORKED for the past 3 1/2 years of the previous 4 years, then you get to vote. Never worked, then you don't get to vote.

    Democrats would lose 10s of millions of votes instantly.

    Before you get a first welfare check, you are sterilized. No more of workers paying for YOUR kids. The world is already over populated. I knew that in 1971 when I hopped on the table. I had had two kids, one to replace me, one to replace my wife, zero population growth. That was 38 years ago I was thinking that. And what do I see now? People with NO money, having 6 or 8 kids. No brains.

    Just my opinion, of course.

    Ken

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast