You Scare Me
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You Scare Me

You Scare Me

Received this in email. Can't verify it's validity, however it's interesting and maybe controversial:

The author, Lou Pritchett, is a well-known public speaker who retired after a successful 36-year career as the VP World Sales for Proctor and Gamble.

Lou Pritchett
    Foremost Leader in Change Management

Lou Pritchett is one of corporate America's true living legends- an acclaimed author, dynamic teacher and one of the world's highest rated speakers. Successful corporate executives everywhere recognize him as the foremost leader in change management. Lou changed the way America does business by creating an audacious concept that came to be known as "partnering." Pritchett rose from soap salesman to Vice-President, Sales and Customer Development for Procter and Gamble and over the course of 36 years, made corporate history.

AN OPEN LETTER TO PRESIDENT OBAMA

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core..

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.
    You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett

Give credit where it's due, thx

You said that you can't verify it's validity? A quick and easy check w/ Google and I found it on the website listed below. You can too. Please, folks, let's try to give credit where credit is due. This was posted in a forum online on 5-18-09. Simply saying that you received it in email or saying that the author is unknown shows a lack of initiative and motivation to find out, and any due diligence is left behind. We, on this forum, can do better than that. Let's not let copyright infringement rule the day. This was Imho. Your humble opinion may differ. Thanks.

You Scare Me

America's Independent Party National Committee

You Scare Me
    ::
    Open Forums -> Obama Watch

Salt and Light Blog

David Jeffers

I am sure many of you have read on the Internet or through forwarded emails a letter to Barack Obama attributed to one Lou Pritchett. To say I have become somewhat skeptical about purported letters is somewhat of an understatement. I have been guilty of publishing something only to get burned later by what is actually an email hoax or urban legend.

I decided to do some research on my own and I contacted Mr. Pritchett directly. Below is our email exhange:

Dear Mr. Pritchett,

I’m sure you have been inundated with tons of email about this already, and forgive me please if you have. I am trying to validate the authenticity of the email below before attributing it to you. Sir, I would be very grateful if you could confirm or deny your authorship of the letter below attributed to you.

Thank you so much for your time.

Very respectfully,
    David Jeffers
    Navarre, FL

David,

I did write the ‘you scare me’ letter. I sent it to the NY Times but they never acknowledged or published it. However, it hit the internet and according to the ‘experts’ has had over 500,000 hits. You may be interested in two other letters I wrote. Feel free to circulate.

Sincerely,
    Lou Pritchett

Lou, thank you so much. I’ll put them on my blog; thanks for the “scoop”!

In Christ
    Dave
    Ps. 37:4

So here is the now famous “You Scare Me” letter:

AN OPEN LETTER TO [Alleged] President Obama

Dear [Alleged] President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me. You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support.

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don’t understand it at its core…

You scare me because you lack humility and ‘class’, always blaming others.

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail.

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the ‘blame America’ crowd and deliver this message abroad.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector.

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one.

You scare me because you prefer ‘wind mills’ to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves.

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world.

You scare me because you have begun to use ‘extortion’ tactics against certain banks and corporations.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient.

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O’Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years.

Lou Pritchett

Tomorrow I’ll publish Lou’s second letter.
    Posted 2009-05-18 9:23 PM (#14176) By: EternalVigilance

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    You said that you can't verify it's validity? A quick and easy check w/ Google and I found it on the website listed below. You can too. Please, folks, let's try to give credit where credit is due. This was posted in a forum online on 5-18-09. Simply saying that you received it in email or saying that the author is unknown shows a lack of initiative and motivation to find out, and any due diligence is left behind. We, on this forum, can do better than that. Let's not let copyright infringement rule the day. This was Imho. Your humble opinion may differ. Thanks.
    When I say I can't verify validity I mean through channels like Snopes, etc. Finding something on the internet doesn't necessarily verify it as true. Yes it's all over the internet but so are many things that aren't factual. Believe me, I do my research. Besides I posted it mainly as humor.

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    When I say I can't verify validity I mean through channels like Snopes, etc. Finding something on the internet doesn't necessarily verify it as true. Yes it's all over the internet but so are many things that aren't factual. Believe me, I do my research. Besides I posted it mainly as humor.
    Ron, I understand. I was only trying to point out that it could be found on the web. Most of the things that I receive in my email are copyright infringed. You did state the author, but so many people don't; actually, very few people give credit where it's due. Most just leave the "fwd" and that's a perfect reason for me to "delete." I didn't mean to say that I was referring to only you, I was gearing my response more toward the "collective you," hence my word, "folks."

Thanks,
    Deb

If he did not say it someone should because it is right on.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

... Besides I posted it mainly as humor.
    There is nothing humorous about what Obama is doing to the United States of America. Lou's letter sure isn't about humor. He is scared like many of the rest of us. Even Obama's Democratic party is becoming scared of him.

That is bad, that the people who voted you (Obama) into office are becoming scared of what you (Obama) are doing to the country.

I really hope people (the ones who can get things back on track) wake up before it is too late for the USA. Us (people like the users of this forum) small time people complain, but Obama has 99% of the press in his pocket, he can do no wrong and thus has a "free" pass to say whatever he wishes to say, in print or video. And the LARGE percentage of the people of the United States who suck up anything they see on TV as gospel (100% the truth) coming from his mouth.

I talk to people everyday who spout: "Isn't Obama doing a GREAT job!!" If you are on the dole, I suppose he is. But for us small business people or workers, trying to stretch too few dollars to pay the bills, it doesn't look that way.

But, the above is just my opinion, but I listen to people and a large percentage sound like they believe the same thing is happening.

Aw, who cares, no one gives a damn about what I think.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Ken

I too did not find that funny... I found it right on. still too many people look at obama with their eyes closed and their mind basically controlled. people still think he can do no wrong. they blindly follow him.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I also am NOT an Obama supporter. I find humor in the fact that many of those who swore by him during the elections and early into his administration are now realizing what most of us knew all along. Sometimes in bad situations you must look for the humor to get through the tough times. Without it you get stuck in a depressive state and start losing hope. So yes I do find humor in the letter.

I also am NOT an Obama supporter. I find humor in the fact that many of those who swore by him during the elections and early into his administration are now realizing what most of us knew all along. Sometimes in bad situations you must look for the humor to get through the tough times. Without it you get stuck in a depressive state and start losing hope. So yes I do find humor in the letter.
    Well, okay then. Was starting the think you had fell off the deep end there, ronwill. Sounds like you are still okay inside your noggin though. Had me worried. Should have known you weren't flaking out on us!

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Vet View Post
    Well, okay then. Was starting the think you had fell off the deep end there, ronwill. Sounds like you are still okay inside your noggin though. Had me worried. Should have known you weren't flaking out on us!
    Thanks for keeping me straight there Oregon Vet. I need all the help I can get sometimes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast