More insanity from the Peoples Republic of Kalaforina
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: More insanity from the Peoples Republic of Kalaforina

  1. #1

    More insanity from the Peoples Republic of Kalaforina

    WorldNetDaily Exclusive
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FAITH UNDER FIRE
    Home: No place for Bible study
    County demands pastor spend thousands on 'Major Use' permit to host friends

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: May 22, 2009
    5:13 pm Eastern


    By Drew Zahn
    2009 WorldNetDaily



    A San Diego pastor and his wife claim they were interrogated by a county official and warned they will face escalating fines if they continue to hold Bible studies in their home.

    The couple, whose names are being withheld until a demand letter can be filed on their behalf, told their attorney a county government employee knocked on their door on Good Friday, asking a litany of questions about their Tuesday night Bible studies, which are attended by approximately 15 people.

    "Do you have a regular weekly meeting in your home? Do you sing? Do you say 'amen'?" the official reportedly asked. "Do you say, 'Praise the Lord'?"

    The pastor's wife answered yes.

    She says she was then told, however, that she must stop holding "religious assemblies" until she and her husband obtain a Major Use Permit from the county, a permit that often involves traffic and environmental studies, compliance with parking and sidewalk regulations and costs that top tens of thousands of dollars.

    And if they fail to pay for the MUP, the county official reportedly warned, the couple will be charged escalating fines beginning at $100, then $200, $500, $1000, "and then it will get ugly."

    Remind the world who's really in charge with the "Worship GOD, not GOV" magnetic bumper sticker from WND.

    Dean Broyles of the Western Center for Law & Policy, which has been retained to represent the couple, told WND the county's action not only violates religious land-use laws but also assaults both the First Amendment's freedom of assembly and freedom of religion.

    "The First Amendment, in part, reads, 'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,'" Broyles said. "And that's the key part: 'prohibiting the free exercise.' We believe this is a substantial government burden on the free exercise of religion."

    He continued, "If one's home is one's castle, certainly you would the think the free exercise of religion, of all places, could occur in the home."


    Broyles confirmed the county official followed through on his threat. The pastor and his wife received a written warning ordering the couple to "cease/stop religious assembly on parcel or obtain a major use permit."

    "The Western Center for Law and Policy is troubled by this draconian move to suppress home Bible studies," said the law center in a statement. "If the current trends in our nation continue, churches may be forced underground. If that happens, believers will once again be forced to meet in homes. If homes are already closed by the government to assembly and worship, where then will Christians meet?"

    On a personal note, Broyles added, "I've been leading Bible studies in my home for 13 years in San Diego County, and I personally believe that home fellowship Bible studies are the past and future of the church. If you look at China, the church grew from home Bible studies. I'm deeply concerned that if in the U.S. we are not able to meet in our homes and freely practice our religion, then we may be worse off than China."

    Broyles also explained to WND that oppressive governments, such as communist China or Nazi Germany, worked to repress home fellowships, labeling them the "underground church" or "subversive groups," legally compelling Christians to meet only in sanctioned, government-controlled "official" churches.

    "Therein lies my concern," Broyles said. "If people can't practice their religious beliefs in the privacy of their own homes with a few of their friends, that's an egregious First Amendment violation."

    WND contacted a spokeswoman for San Diego County, who acknowledged the description of the incident seemed "bizarre," but who was unable to locate the details of the account. She simply could not provide comment yet, she said, until she could become familiar with the case.

    Broyles said the WCLP is nearly ready to file a demand letter with the county to release the pastor and his wife from the requirement to obtain the expensive permit. If the county refuses, Broyles said, the WCLP will consider a lawsuit in federal court.

    Broyles also told WND the pastor and his wife are continuing to hold the Bible study in their home
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  2.   
  3. I dont see this as an infringement of the 1st but a violation of parking laws of San Diego. If they where to car pool in with only a few cars Im sure the issue would go away. Unless of course they are singing so loudly they are disturbing the neighbors tranquility

  4. #3
    Oh I am sure if they car pooled they would find something else to complain about. It is an attack on freedom of religion in general and Christianity in a paticular that is obvious.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  5. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Oh I am sure if they car pooled they would find something else to complain about. It is an attack on freedom of religion in general and Christianity in a paticular that is obvious.
    It may be but I doubt it your source is well Known for publishing very little facts in their few of the truth. They are proven to fabricate stories on many occasions. I would try to confirm any store before I would believe them they are as reputable as crooks and liars.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    It may be but I doubt it your source is well Known for publishing very little facts in their few of the truth. They are proven to fabricate stories on many occasions. I would try to confirm any store before I would believe them they are as reputable as crooks and liars.
    Perhaps you could produce proof they fabricate stories. That should be confirmed before you make those kind of statements also. Could be your statement comes not from any fact but your contempt for Christianity.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  7. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Perhaps you could produce proof they fabricate stories. That should be confirmed before you make those kind of statements also. Could be your statement comes not from any fact but your contempt for Christianity.
    I have no contempt for Christianity, or any other religion. I was Head deacon on a Presbyterian church for 10 years. I do not at this time go to any church because I feel they all have an agenda that does not follow true christian belief, most are just sects of Christianity no worse or better than any other.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Perhaps you could produce proof they fabricate stories.
    Is World Net Daily ?Helping? Fan the Flames on the Border? : Lone Star Times

    easy to find.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by rockwerks View Post
    It may be but I doubt it your source is well Known for publishing very little facts in their few of the truth. They are proven to fabricate stories on many occasions. I would try to confirm any store before I would believe them they are as reputable as crooks and liars.
    I can't say that they fabricate stories but the slant they do put on some sure approaches fabrication of some of the facts. I can't say about this story but it does sound a little out there. I can understand the parking issue if that is it but there is no way they can prevent bible classes unless the fire marshall decides that the house is overcrowded. At 15 people being too many it must be a very small house. They have at least that many at my wife's circle meeting and they meet at a different house every month.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I can't say that they fabricate stories but the slant they do put on some sure approaches fabrication of some of the facts. I can't say about this story but it does sound a little out there. I can understand the parking issue if that is it but there is no way they can prevent bible classes unles the fire marshall decides that the house is overcrowded. At 15 people beign too many it must be a very small house. Thye have aat least that many at my wife's circle meeting and they meet at a different house every month.
    Im betting that it is just nuisance to the neighborhood more than a religious persecution

  11. #10
    And as far as how much stock I put in the Lone Star Times here is one of their quotes.

    The fact is that tremendous strides have been made at closing the border and slowing the influx.

    I wonder what planet they are from?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast