Disabled Vet told to remove USMC stickers from vehicle - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disabled Vet told to remove USMC stickers from vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by spydrz View Post
    No advertising at all? So license plate frames from the dealer are also illegal?
    Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    I saw the story on Fox and . . . there were breast cancer ribbons and American flags and Obama/Biden bumper stickers
    So the label/sticker/emblem advertising the dealership installs on their cars to advertise themselves is also verboten! And unless EVERYone with Obama/Biden stickers, Breast Cancer, Flags of any stripe, "My Honor Student Can Kick Your Honor Student's Ass" stickers, whatever...unless they're ALL required to go, the man has a case for being singled out.

Bet if he had Gay Rights **** on his car they wouldn't have done a thing.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by CathyInBlue View Post
    The regulation against advertizing is only with the advertizing is on an automobile parked on premises, so a DBS antenna would not be affected.

I saw the story on Fox and they said the President of the HOA was away for the week and could not be contacted. They showed lots of other cars just within range of the Good Marine's minivan and there were breast cancer ribbons and American flags and Obama/Biden bumper stickers let's see them threaten to tow any of those vehicles for having advertizing on their cars..
    If they are going to tow any it should be the ones with the Obana/Biden stickers.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Arrow Methinks his presidency is about to end.

In all fairness, it sounds like the neighbors, as well as the other board members, were totally unaware of this. Sounds like one ***hole with delusions of power.

Incidentally, I support not only his right to his beloved Corp. emblems, but also the right of someone to have "Gay Rights ******", or anti-abortion stickers, or pro-choice stickers, or even "Oba.....

....sorry about that. Even "Obama/Biden" stickers on their car. I don't have to agree with what they are saying to agree with their right to say it.

For me, the most important part of my second amendment right is the way it protects my first amendment right.
    Last edited by Boomboy007; 05-30-2009 at 11:59 PM. Reason: changed "aware" to "unaware".
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

"FREEDOM HAS A TASTE THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW"
    This sounds like a group of people who think the First Amendment only applies to them, if it's not their view point, then they figure they can take whatever course of action they deem necessary to oppose the action they detest.As a Former Marine , I have gotten a few looks/ comments about my service to this country. You will find no other service that is held in such high regard by those who chose it. There are no ex- MARINES. We area proud bunch and do not mind saying so or displaying our emblem on any and everything we own. If this HOA can't get past this First Amendment infringement then give 'em hell. We all earned the right to be Marine, it's a damn site better than being a board member for a HOA. Ronald Reagan's quote is my favorite one. " Some people spend their entire lives wondering if they made a difference. Marine's don't have that problem".
    Semper Fi Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    In all fairness, it sounds like the neighbors, as well as the other board members, were totally aware of this. Sounds like one ***hole with delusions of power.

Incidentally, I support not only his right to his beloved Corp. emblems, but also the right of someone to have "Gay Rights ******", or anti-abortion stickers, or pro-choice stickers, or even "Oba.....

....sorry about that. Even "Obama/Biden" stickers on their car. I don't have to agree with what they are saying to agree with their right to say it.

For me, the most important part of my second amendment right is the way it protects my first amendment right.
    and that is what makes.... or used to make america america!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Exclamation Not so fast!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyJarhead View Post
    We all earned the right to be Marine, it's a damn site better than being a board member for a HOA.
    Apparently, you are unaware of the special skill and training required for the HOA Prez to perform this particular "long Range Recon Patrol". Fully half of his morning was spent at the Kwik-E-Mart stocking up on snacks and soda for his reconnaissance, and he had to go to three places to establish a dependable supply chain in order to secure the requisite amount of beef jerky.

Afterward, he spent literal MINUTES in a highly skilled patrol of the perimeter of the HOA property. After spotting the the "insurgent style" stickers on the enemy vehicle, he actually had to summon the courage to draft a letter! Boy, I bet that silly marine was glad that the HOA Prez sent a letter and didn't actually knock on his door. He is a pink beret, ya know.

Besides, do you not realize how expensive his back-up was? He hired the freakin' Mall Ninja, for god's sake! At overtime rates! Do you understand how expensive minimum wage times 1.5 really is?

After all, who do these "Marine" guys think they are, anyway? It's not like they spend their entire career in intensive training planning for the worst. They don't sweat and bleed in an effort to ensure that I can freely drive my fat butt over to Krispy Kreme every other day and eat a dozen in peace. It is not like they die every single day, in both peacetime and wartime, to protect my life and the lives of those that I love. It's not like they willingly set aside their own personal liberty so that I don't have to.

What's that you say?

Oh, that is EXACTLY what they do?

Whoops, my bad.

In all seriousness, a big thanks to all of our beloved Marines, and all the other sailors, soldiers, flyboys, and coasties who tuck us in at night and watch our backs all day.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

....sorry about that. Even "Obama/Biden" stickers on their car.
    As do I, BB. My point was to show where the priorities lay...that one person's Rights, even given years of sacrifice and commitment to the Country, were held in more esteem...or, perhaps, more PC fear...than another's.

My mother taught me many years ago to "Live, and Let Live". I try to do that, but I expect the same consideration in return.

NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Apparently, you are unaware of the special skill and training required for the HOA Prez to perform this particular "long Range Recon Patrol". Fully half of his morning was spent at the Kwik-E-Mart stocking up on snacks and soda for his reconnaissance, and he had to go to three places to establish a dependable supply chain in order to secure the requisite amount of beef jerky.

Afterward, he spent literal MINUTES in a highly skilled patrol of the perimeter of the HOA property. After spotting the the "insurgent style" stickers on the enemy vehicle, he actually had to summon the courage to draft a letter! Boy, I bet that silly marine was glad that the HOA Prez sent a letter and didn't actually knock on his door. He is a pink beret, ya know.

Besides, do you not realize how expensive his back-up was? He hired the freakin' Mall Ninja, for god's sake! At overtime rates! Do you understand how expensive minimum wage times 1.5 really is?

After all, who do these "Marine" guys think they are, anyway? It's not like they spend their entire career in intensive training planning for the worst. They don't sweat and bleed in an effort to ensure that I can freely drive my fat butt over to Krispy Kreme every other day and eat a dozen in peace. It is not like they die every single day, in both peacetime and wartime, to protect my life and the lives of those that I love. It's not like they willingly set aside their own personal liberty so that I don't have to.

What's that you say?

Whoops, my bad.

In all seriousness, a big thanks to all of our beloved Marines, and all the other sailors, soldiers, flyboys, and coasties who tuck us in at night and watch our backs all day.
    thanks for correcting my error in judgment. i did not know it took that much training to be a POS.

What's that you say?

Whoops, my bad.

thanks for correcting my error in judgment. i did not know it took that much training to be a POS.

$10 says that the HOA backpedals furiously.

The VFW, American Legion, Marine Corps Association, Disable American Veterans and many other organizations would probably support any legal action, and they have much deeper pockets than any HOA.
    I have become more optimistic, and now believe that things could get worse.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast