Disabled Vet told to remove USMC stickers from vehicle - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Disabled Vet told to remove USMC stickers from vehicle

1. Asked why the rule banning "advertising" stickers and decals was put on the books in the first place, Hardy said that it was aimed at curbing unsightly stickers.
    "We've got some people who used to have inappropriate things on their car, like 'Hot Mama" and 'I Love Tattoos' and things like that."
    "I Love Tatoos" is inappropriate? Sounds like this person just can't help themselves from trying to turn the world into their perfect idea of what it should be. They've got the power to do that on that parcel of the globe and gosh darn it if they aren't going to try their hardest to "clean up" their little kingdom.

I have never, and will never move to an area with a Home Owners Association. I see stories and hear about this all over the place. It's just not worth it.

From sea to shining sea, our country is just chock full of little Hitler/Mao wannabes wanting to control everyone's lives, isn't it? We've even got one in the White House! Seems like, with anything else that is moral and right, The Golden Rule is being spat upon.
    Conservative Wife & Mom -- I'm a Conservative Christian-American with dual citizenship...the Kingdom of God is my 1st home and the U.S.A. is my 2nd.

had the experience of living in an HOA atmosphere once, and swore I would never, EVER live in a Nazi camp again. Here in Florida, they are also known as "condo commandos" and cause headaches for everyone. Why? Because they can - they become little dictators (Obama would love 'em!). I can understand trying to maintain decorum in a neighborhood, but when they decide that they don't like your front door, or the decorations on your enclosed patio, or the kind of car (or truck) you drive, they can fine you and put a lien on your home if you don't pay up.

I HATE HOA's!
    -= Piece Corps =-

Quote Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc View Post
    $10 says that the HOA backpedals furiously.
    Give me a hundred on that bet.
    In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    Give me a hundred on that bet.
    Ruger, read my post below. They've already backed down, ages ago.

Ask all the residents if they feel the same about the stickers. I'm sure not a one of them will have any issues with them, at least not openly. Pride should be contagious...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234