Gas Prices!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices!!!

Angry Gas Prices!!!

RANT!!

Price of gas has gone up over 20 cents this last week alone, and is up way over a buck sine the first of the year!!!! Hang on this is going to be a long 4 years!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

You're right, It's going to be a long 4 years.. On the gas prices, Here, too, the prices are going insane again.
    Check out this web site. GasBuddy.com - Find Low Gas Prices in the USA and Canada

Down the left side of the page is a gas "Temperature" Map.
    USA National Gas Temperature Map - GasBuddy.com
    It is pretty revealing on the prices here in the midwest.
    Semper Fi

I don't see why everyone is surprised at gas prices going up at the start of Summer. They've done so for as long as I can remember and I'm and old guy. Think back and you'll remember this is not affiliated with who's in office just the start of heavy travel season.

Just wait for the global warming charges to be implemented...then the prices will go really high!

Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    I don't see why everyone is surprised at gas prices going up at the start of Summer. They've done so for as long as I can remember and I'm and old guy. Think back and you'll remember this is not affiliated with who's in office just the start of heavy travel season.
    I agree that it has nothing to do with who is in office. However, once we get Cap & Trade rammed down our throats it is going to get a lot worse.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MADnMO View Post
    I agree that it has nothing to do with who is in office. However, once we get Cap & Trade rammed down our throats it is going to get a lot worse.
    Actually it partially does, MR Obama put a stop to new exploration that Bush had approved to help with shortages. So yes Obama is partially to blame for the rise

Why should the government intervene with the price of gasoline when they’re making 50%, in taxes, on a gallon?

It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country... from its government.
    Thomas Paine

Why should the government intervene with the price of gasoline when they’re making 50%, in taxes, on a gallon?

Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by critter29483 View Post

Thomas Paine
    Sorry but that's simply not true. Individual states average higher taxes than the U.S. tax as shown:

Fuel tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's also not true that allowing more drilling would stop summer increases in gas cost. Cost is set by OPEC not the U.S. While we sometimes like to blame our government for everything bad, it's not always their fault.

11. Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Sorry but that's simply not true. Individual states average higher taxes than the U.S. tax as shown:

Fuel tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's also not true that allowing more drilling would stop summer increases in gas cost. Cost is set by OPEC not the U.S. While we sometimes like to blame our government for everything bad, it's not always their fault.
    Last years major price jumps had absolutely nothing to do with OPEC but rather US greed speculation on the price of gas. Our commodities market drove the price up nearly 1.50 per gallon. Bush opened up areas offshore and Alaska to new exploration and the next day the price dropped 40.00 per barrel

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast