Do Not - I Repeat - Do NOT Answer Census Questions! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do Not - I Repeat - Do NOT Answer Census Questions!

1. Now that I think about it I can't remember ever doing any census paper work.Or answering any questions so why start now.

3. Hello All!
    I'm new to the forum. It's funny, but I was searching for info about not answering intrusive census questions, and I got a hit on this forum. I've been carrying concealed in Washington State since I turned 21 in 1975. I'm sure I'll enjoy the forum.

I seem to recall reading that there have been a grand total of two prosecutions/fines of any sort since sometime in the 1960's. So it's not likely you'll get nailed for refusing to answer your census.
    In our case, my fiance has been sent the form twice.
    She sent it in once, with only the number of people answered.
    She's been visited by a worker; she told that woman the same thing -- no answers except how many live here and how old.
    She was just called, she believes by the same person. That person told her she could be legally liable for all sorts of fines if she didn't answer the long form. She asked for the relevant legal info to be sent, so her boss (she's a Legal Assistant and her boss is a pretty good lawyer) could look at them.
    From what I can ascertain so far, it's better not to answer -- $100 fine possible but it's not going to happen -- than to mess with them and give false answers -- $500 fine possible.

Frankly, I still wonder if that census taker in Kentucky really was a suicide, of if that's the Official Story. We'll never know.

4. Ky. Census worker

Just about scared the crap outta me when I first heard about the Ky. census worker found dead. I had just had several visits to my home from one, and my husband refused to answer his questions and told him what he could do with his census. I finally filled it out with minimum information so they would leave me alone .

5. Too bad it doesn't scare the crap out of the census workers. It is true many of them are ACORN workers?
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

6. ACORN's assistance was not sought after the undercover work of those two not too long ago...

Y'know, I always believed it advantageous to fill out the form. Lately, I'm wondering why they want certain information. What does my name, phone number, or if I own or rent, or my race or heritage, have to do with giving my area any kind of benefits?

Title 13

Sec. 221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500. (c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

http://2010.census.gov/2010census/ho...ctive-form.php

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Y'know, I always believed it advantageous to fill out the form. Lately, I'm wondering why they want certain information. What does my name, phone number, or if I own or rent, or my race or heritage, have to do with giving my area any kind of benefits?

Title 13

Sec. 221. Refusal or neglect to answer questions; false answers

(a) Whoever, being over eighteen years of age refuses or willfully neglects, when requested by the Secretary, or by any other authorized officer or employee of the Department of Commerce or bureau or agency thereof acting under the instructions of the Secretary or authorized officer, to answer, to the best of his knowledge, any of the questions on any schedule submitted to him in connection with any census or survey provided for by subchapters I, II, IV, and V of chapter 5 of this title, applying to himself or to the family to which he belongs or is related, or to the farm or farms of which he or his family is the occupant, shall be fined not more than $100.

(b) Whoever, when answering questions described in subsection (a) of this section, and under the conditions or circumstances described in such subsection, willfully gives any answer that is false, shall be fined not more than $500. (c) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title, no person shall be compelled to disclose information relative to his religious beliefs or to membership in a religious body.

The Questions on the Form - 2010 Census
    You come across as a Jail-house-lawyer ..... you like to be in control of others don't you, bossy are you not ?

If they knock on my door I tell them to leave or I will call the police for tresspassing.

if they mail me something I will burn it.

What I do in my house is none of there Bid-ness.

None of this appears to be law and if I don't want to answer this stuff I don't have too, I am bound by one LAW and that GOD's law.

If they catch up to me I will gladly say fine me the $100 bucks (and get out) , give me an address to send the $$$ too, right now I can afford to send you .25 cents a month.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedDevilDogSoldier View Post
    ACORN's assistance was not sought after the undercover work of those two not too long ago...
    AKA they got caught and found to be a self centered politically motivated group receiving government financing...
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by PX4storm View Post
    You come across as a Jail-house-lawyer ..... you like to be in control of others don't you, bossy are you not ?

If they knock on my door I tell them to leave or I will call the police for tresspassing.

if they mail me something I will burn it.

What I do in my house is none of there Bid-ness.

None of this appears to be law and if I don't want to answer this stuff I don't have too, I am bound by one LAW and that GOD's law.

If they catch up to me I will gladly say fine me the $100 bucks (and get out) , give me an address to send the $$$ too, right now I can afford to send you .25 cents a month.
    WTF? I'm telling you what to do? NOT!!! Newbie troll alert! Ignore button -- CLICK!

I don't plan on giving anythink but the bare needs ! I shred every piece of mail with ANY INFRO I for sure am not given it to a complete stranger!::

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast