Scientology Commercials
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Scientology Commercials

  1. #1

    Scientology Commercials

    I have been watching Deadly Prey on Animal planet. The episode is about bear attacks on people. Anyway, during two of commercial breaks there have been scientology commercials. I'm a little concerned about this. Anyone else?

    Steve
    Last edited by srshadwi; 07-12-2009 at 09:24 PM. Reason: A little harsh

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853

    Wink Bwahhaha!!!!!

    Anyone that actually believes in a religion that is based upon the belief an alien from another galaxy is going to invade and conquer our planet is of such a week mind they must vote Democratic anyway, so they are already a lost to the world.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

  4. #3
    More annoyed than anything else (I didn't see the commercials, but I could imagine)

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Gray Court, SC
    Posts
    2,934
    That's like the cast members of 24 doing global warming commercials during the show . I quit watching 24 after that!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by srshadwi View Post
    I have been watching Deadly Prey on Animal planet. The episode is about bear attacks on people. Anyway, during two of commercial breaks there have been scientology commercials. I'm a little concerned about this. Anyone else?

    Steve
    What are you concerned about? Are you wanting to ban them from advertising?

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    What are you concerned about? Are you wanting to ban them from advertising?
    No I don't want to ban them. I believe in the first amendment as much as the second. I am, however, concerned about their message. I believe scientology preys on the weak-minded and has little, if anything, to offer society.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    330

    The crutch called religion.

    Quote Originally Posted by srshadwi View Post
    I am, however, concerned about their message. I believe scientology preys on the weak-minded and has little, if anything, to offer society.

    Standing back a ways and looking, in that way, they don't seem to be much different than any other religion. Such a large percentage of the world needs a crutch and religion fills the bill for billions of them.

    And if you don't believe as "they" (whichever religion someone belongs to) do, then you are open game for them, to kill, to torture, whatever.

    Although scientologist's seem to be a little better for the other people in the world since they seem to do the torturing and killing of their own members. That does seem a little weird. I went with a girl for 6-8 months about 10 years ago, ended up taking some of their classes and listening to their spiel. My family (as in:Mom, Dad, siblings, inlaws etc) were all telling me to stay away from them because they brainwashed people. I thought that was pretty funny, I guess they thought I was as weak minded as they were/are.

    Now I have been studying/listening to the Jehovah's Witnesses spiel for about a year. Wow, do I get into some arguments with them, make smoke come out of their ears sometimes. LOL

    I know I shouldn't do that with weak minded people. (those believing in something they call God or in some cases, GOD)

    I never have been able to figure out why people need a crutch called religion, but they do, by the billions. And some of those religions are way weird, some even killing their own babies. Pretty sad.

    There are even "those" on here who will tell me I am going to burn in Hell forever/or something else as bad. Strange, very strange.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Battle Creek Mi
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by srshadwi View Post
    No I don't want to ban them. I believe in the first amendment as much as the second. I am, however, concerned about their message. I believe scientology preys on the weak-minded and has little, if anything, to offer society.
    Re read my first post your point is well taken, however weak minded people do not normally watch educational programs on the tube.... Unless they are the tin hat type trying to find evidence of a "Conspiracy".

    You have to admit one thing though, evil aliens, galactic war, SCIFI tech, tis the stuff of movies and those who wish they were living in one, kind of has a Indiana Jones appeal, to those that have never experienced the horrors of a real war...... So they made a religion of it and sucked em in like ants in a shop vac.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

  10. #9
    I know I shouldn't do that with weak minded people. (those believing in something they call God or in some cases, GOD)
    Wow, it sounds like God made you so smart that you can prove to yourself He doesn't exist.

    Wish I had that "Strong Minded" kind of brain power.

    Not.
    "When the outflow exceeds the inflow, the upkeep becomes the downfall"

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Salem, Oregon, USA
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrellM5 View Post
    Wow, it sounds like God made you so smart that you can prove to yourself He doesn't exist.

    Wish I had that "Strong Minded" kind of brain power.

    Not.
    Ah, you have something that does prove there IS a GOD? Not some story book people wrote. Let me see a book your GOD wrote. Just fresh out, eh?

    What do you have as proof? WHY do YOU need a crutch? What are you afraid of? What are ALL the people who believe in those stories afraid of?

    The whole deal is, I DON'T have to prove HE doesn't exist. YOU have to prove he DOES exist... and NO ONE has done that yet.

    Man has only been here a few million years, but most religions only a few thousand years. It was made up as a way to control people, but has ended up causing most of the problems in the world.

    Yep, a real powerful GOD you have there! How funny.

    And then you make up something called the Devil/Satan who is responsible for all the EVIL in the world today. Hahaha, like I said, how funny.

    People DON'T need a GOD or DEVIL to do EVIL, they do just fine by themselves!

    In fact, from looking at the news, they are doing an OUTSTANDING job of it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast