Rotisserie

Thread: Rotisserie

Rotisserie

Can Anyone give me a Brief discription on what SIZE motor I would need for one of those Homemade Rotisseries out of a 275 gl Oil Tank?
    I have searched the wonderful internet and unless I'm looking in the wrong places...I cannot seem to find anything on building one out of an Oil Tank. I think everything else is pretty simple....cutting it in half; hinges; handle/s; rotisserie; grill/s, I'm just not sure what size motor to use, OR unless You know of a site.
    Thnx
    **** (aka sambo42xa)
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

First thought was Chevy, maybe 327 normally aspirated....

Sorry
    Semper Fi

I did a quick look ...

Check here, it may get you started,,,

Gearmotor, Gear Motor, Gear Reducer, DC Motor, PMDC Motor
    Semper Fi

If you have access to a welder and a grinder here is one you can make. How to Build a Homemade Rotisserie | eHow.com

Basically all you need is an electric motor, a small sprocket on the motor, a large sprocket on the rotisserie and a rheostat to control the motor speed.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

So, I guess what I need is somewhere in the range of 1/20-1/40 hp, 4-6 rpm motor.
    Thank you...........
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)