Anti Government Militia Groups Reforming
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Anti Government Militia Groups Reforming

  1. #1

    Anti Government Militia Groups Reforming

    Is this a sign of the times? One thing to consider is the use of the term "militia" when discussing the 2A. This type of reporting puts a very negative connotation on that term. Maybe we should stick with "the people" when we discuss 2A rights. Also, once again, notice that race was brought into the report. This nation will always hurt as long as that goes on. Just because I disagree with Obama's politics doesn't mean it's because of race. I disagreed with Clinton and, occasionally, George W. Bush. No one mentions race then. We must get through that and focus on facts. Something some reporters and government officials are not willing to do.

    Officials see rise in militia groups across U.S. - Yahoo! News

  2.   
  3. #2
    Sorry Ron I did not mean to copy your thread. I just posted the same story from Fox news. I guess our threads were crossing in mid air.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  4. #3
    You two could not have timed those posts any better...

    Your right, RW, the "Race" Card is getting old.
    But yet you will never see Public Allies listed in these groupings...

    Home - Public Allies
    Semper Fi

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Sorry Ron I did not mean to copy your thread. I just posted the same story from Fox news. I guess our threads were crossing in mid air.
    No apologies required. From the time stamps it looks like we hit at the same time. Maybe you were the first twin.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    desha, arkansas
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by ronwill View Post
    Is this a sign of the times? One thing to consider is the use of the term "militia" when discussing the 2A. This type of reporting puts a very negative connotation on that term. Maybe we should stick with "the people" when we discuss 2A rights. Also, once again, notice that race was brought into the report. This nation will always hurt as long as that goes on. Just because I disagree with Obama's politics doesn't mean it's because of race. I disagreed with Clinton and, occasionally, George W. Bush. No one mentions race then. We must get through that and focus on facts. Something some reporters and government officials are not willing to do.

    Officials see rise in militia groups across U.S. - Yahoo! News
    back in the early '90s, the gen. that talked randy weaver out of ruby ridge was going around trying to start militia's here in arkansas. my brouther before he died attended one of these meetings and tried ti get me to go because i had served in the army. i didn;t go, he came back with bumper stickers, shoulder patches ect. and was proudly displaying them to me and explaning to me why i needed to join. i explained that uncle suger was probably in the meetings and had vidio tape of everyone there and by displaying such items just made it easier for them to identify you and target them as a domestic terrorist. he just thought he was being a good american talking against the gov. but he never voted in any election, never called a legislator or wrote a letter. don't get me wrong i love and miss my brouther but he was misguided, try all leagle aveneues first .

  7. #6

    Not anti-goverment, but pro-constitutional goverment

    I'm against communist government, I'm against corruption and bribery. I'm against stupidity and unwed child birth.

    I have not joined any "militia" movement. I was born an American and that makes me a member of the militia. I once swore an oath to defends the United States and the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
    I don't recall any expiration date on the oath.
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    desha, arkansas
    Posts
    446
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKerosene View Post
    I'm against communist government, I'm against corruption and bribery. I'm against stupidity and unwed child birth.

    I have not joined any "militia" movement. I was born an American and that makes me a member of the militia. I once swore an oath to defends the United States and the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
    I don't recall any expiration date on the oath.
    well said, i also took the oath many years ago and firmly belive in the constitution,the bill of rights and our founding fathers. my family has fought in every war from the french&indian war to the gulf war and i wont give up my rights or guns to any one!

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by oldvet53 View Post
    back in the early '90s, the gen. that talked randy weaver out of ruby ridge was going around trying to start militia's here in arkansas. my brouther before he died attended one of these meetings and tried ti get me to go because i had served in the army. i didn;t go, he came back with bumper stickers, shoulder patches ect. and was proudly displaying them to me and explaning to me why i needed to join. i explained that uncle suger was probably in the meetings and had vidio tape of everyone there and by displaying such items just made it easier for them to identify you and target them as a domestic terrorist. he just thought he was being a good american talking against the gov. but he never voted in any election, never called a legislator or wrote a letter. don't get me wrong i love and miss my brouther but he was misguided, try all leagle aveneues first .
    Actually that was Col Bo Gritz. He even had his name on the ballot one year for president but like most third party candidates could not get no ways near enough coverage by the controlled news media to have any kind of chance.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

  10. Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKerosene View Post
    I'm against communist government, I'm against corruption and bribery. I'm against stupidity and unwed child birth.

    I have not joined any "militia" movement. I was born an American and that makes me a member of the militia. I once swore an oath to defends the United States and the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
    I don't recall any expiration date on the oath.

    I like it!

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Head of the Lakes, MN
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainKerosene View Post
    I'm against communist government, I'm against corruption and bribery. I'm against stupidity and unwed child birth.

    I have not joined any "militia" movement. I was born an American and that makes me a member of the militia. I once swore an oath to defends the United States and the Constitution, against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
    I don't recall any expiration date on the oath.
    I'm with you. But at my age (71 with lung problems) I'm more of a support verbal-wise. I'm not up to hiking through the woods, etc..

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast