To chamber or not on M&P without safety - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To chamber or not on M&P without safety

When using a Blackhawik Serpa holster with ANY firearm, it's good practice to train to use your middle finger rather than your trigger finger to disengage the retention mechinism. There have been cases where long time and highly trained firearms users have had a ND due to the finger's natural tendency to wrap around the grip, causing the finger to hit the trigger, and finally resulting in a ND.

Know your equipment and train properly.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

It doesnt have a thumb safety for a reason; you wont have time to disengage the safety if a real threat were to come about. Like AZSATT said, they are designed for the distinct purpose of self-defense in high stress situations. There are other safety features built in to lessen the chance of you becoming the next Plaxico Burress. One in the chamber, always!

I have carried my Glock for almost 10 years now and i have always carried with a full mag and one in the chamber and have never had a problem. But i would like to stress that i strongly be leave that anyone who carries a weapon has a duty to him and the people around him to be trained in the use of that weapon and to continue to train to keep your skills up to par.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    That video explains it really good. Simple gun, you would have to work at it to use it wrong. Seems to be pretty safe to me. Thanks for sharing that.

Put one in tje chamber. The gun has internal automatic safeties.
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12