Surf board vs Nose.... Ouch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surf board vs Nose.... Ouch

Surf board vs Nose.... Ouch

I headed over to Cocoa Beach this weekend to do some surfing. It was a great day. Nice clean chest to head high waves. I paddled into my first wave of the morning and just missed it. As I rolled off the back of the wave I jumped off my board. Unfortunately my foot got tangled in my leash causing my board to come screaming back at me. Before I could even think my board had cracked me on the bridge of my nose. After a quick timeout to stop the bleeding I did get a few decent rides in. So how do I look? Lol

"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I think it's an improvement!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Looks like it could have been a lot worse - but the pic probably doesn't do it justice.

Glad you salvaged the day and got some surfin' in even after the surfboard assaulted you...
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Let's hear the other story you're telling.. The, "You should see the other guy I was in the fight with" Story..

I'll get you started, "I had been surfing all day in Cocoa Beach, So I went into this beach bar.. This guy walks up to me and says "...

Of course since you were surfing and you were in a bar, you weren't carrying.. We know that.. So you had to resort to Fisticuffs..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    I think it's an improvement!
    I think it adds a little character! lol

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    Looks like it could have been a lot worse - but the pic probably doesn't do it justice.

Glad you salvaged the day and got some surfin' in even after the surfboard assaulted you...
    Ya as hard as the board hit me I thought it was going to be worse. A little pressure to stop the bleeding and I was back in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by HootmonSccy View Post
    Let's hear the other story you're telling.. The, "You should see the other guy I was in the fight with" Story..

I'll get you started, "I had been surfing all day in Cocoa Beach, So I went into this beach bar.. This guy walks up to me and says "...

Of course since you were surfing and you were in a bar, you weren't carrying.. We know that.. So you had to resort to Fisticuffs..
    lol HootmonSccy. I've already told many. Defending some womans honor, car accident, competed in a cage fight, are a few I've told.

It might be fun to see who can come up with the most interesting cover story for me! So let see what you guys have.....
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

"There I was, minding my own business when in walks Chuck Norris... "
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

8. It looks better than how my nose turned out...I was learning to skateboard when I was a teenager and ended up running in to the corner of a camper. Fortunately my nose stopped me. okay...it was at night and I was drinking but that's besides the point!

It looks like surf boards are more dangerous than guns.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

10. Thats not the story you told me !!!!
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    Thats not the story you told me !!!!
    That's what I thought!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast