Ancient hebrew words

Thread: Ancient hebrew words

Exclamation Ancient hebrew words

Luke 10:18-20 (New International Version)

18He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

lightning
    Strong's Hebrew Dictionary: 1300. baraq
    Original Word: בָּרָק
    Transliteration: baraq
    Phonetic Spelling: (baw-rawk')
    Short Definition: bright
    Word Origin
    from baraq
    Definition
    lightning
    NASB Word Usage
    flash like lightning (1), flashing (1), gleaming (2), glittering point (1), lightning (9), lightning flashes (3), lightnings (4).

NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
    Copyright 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation
    All rights reserved Lockman.org

bright, glittering sword, lightning

From baraq; lightning; by analogy, a gleam; concretely, a flashing sword -- bright, glitter(-ing sword), lightning.

see HEBREW baraq

Original Word: בָּמָה
    Transliteration: Bamah
    Strong's Hebrew Dictionary: 1117. Bamah
    Phonetic Spelling: (baw-maw')
    Short Definition: Bamah
    Word Origin
    from bamah
    Definition
    a high place (for idols) in Isr.
    NASB Word Usage
    Bamah (1).

NAS Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible with Hebrew-Aramaic and Greek Dictionaries
    Copyright 1981, 1998 by The Lockman Foundation
    All rights reserved Lockman.org

Bamah

The same as bamah; Bamah, a place in Palestine -- Bamah. See also Bamowth.

see HEBREW bamah

see HEBREW Bamowth

In ancient Hebrew vau or waw is most commonly translated as the letter U or the letter O Poetically used as a conjunctive word to connect two or more words

Baraq O Bamah
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

As a matter of fact the Lord will return,and there are many things that must come to pass. What we are seeing now is only a taste. Whether people beleive the Bible or not their eyes will be opened. The last 8 words in this scripture are more important to me than all the rest in this whole post. Not to belittle the rest of the scripture,but I rejoice that my name is written in heaven. This world will fall away,mind what you lay up in Heaven.Flesh is temporary,and the injustice we see shall be replaced by Gods perfection.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

I need a little more of this sermon tun understand the point of it.

The Obamanation may or may not be the anti Christ but the real point is the fact that so many fools were and are willing to follow him shows that when the anti Christ comes how easy it will be to fool the masses.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    The Obamanation may or may not be the anti Christ but the real point is the fact that so many fools were and are willing to follow him shows that when the anti Christ comes how easy it will be to fool the masses.
    doesn''t this sound like the late20's early 30's in germany?

Quote Originally Posted by oldvet53 View Post
    doesn''t this sound like the late20's early 30's in germany?
    Very much so.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

8. Sounds like a silver tongue devil to me.