Cop-turned-pastor shoots church intruder

Thread: Cop-turned-pastor shoots church intruder

Cop-turned-pastor shoots church intruder

BY MATT HELMS
    FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

A man who broke into a west side Detroit church didnít get very far in his attempt to rob the place, police said........

Cop-turned-pastor shoots church intruder | Detroit Free Press | Freep.com

I'll have to watch this one closer...
    Semper Fi

I love it!

Every criminal should know there's a safe and beneficial way to meet Jesus, and then there's this joker's way. My kind of pastor!
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    I love it!

Every criminal should know there's a safe and beneficial way to meet Jesus, and then there's this joker's way. My kind of pastor!
    +1

I don't think thats what the bad guy meant when he asked to be made Holy! lol
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

+1. I like the line from one of Charles Bronson's Death wish movies when he asked the punk if he believed in Jesus. The guy answered in the affirmative. Bronson then says "Good, your going to meet him."
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

saw that on the local news. was glad to hear the result.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Booby traps and the law--- protecting your property

"Police said they've forwarded their investigation to prosecutors for possible charges."

Uh-huh, against WHO? The pastor or the crook? It doesn't say in the article. Serious business, shooting someone.

Look at that guy who got tired of someone breaking into his house while he was away and rigged a shotgun trap. The guy broke and was completely INSIDE the house when he got shot. The CROOK sued the owner for shooting him and won $30,000.00. Judge said "Can't make/use booby traps."

Very good reading, all three links are.

Lumberton 12-year-old shot by booby trap :: WRAL.com

Law: Burglars and Booby Traps - TIME

Katko v. Briney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Makes a person sick, they let people steal your things but you can't hurt them. They slowly steal everything you own until you are living under a bridge and the law thinks that is okay. In one of the links at the end it says:
    "the law has always placed a higher value upon human safety than upon mere rights of property".

Yes, of course, those judges and lawyers have never had anything of theirs stolen. Us people who struggle for just about everything we own by working hard, it doesn't matter to the "law", DO NOT HURT A LOOTER/BURGLAR or the law will sue YOU. It is WRONG. That is part of what is wrong with this country. In one of the threads I was reading a person said:
    "So if everybody starts murdering people whenever they feel like it, is the law going to start looking at that more lightly too? What the hell is wrong with the world?"

There is the problem. You see that:
    So if everybody starts murdering people whenever they feel like it, ..."

No one IS murdering people whenever they feel like it, the crook is killing themself when THEY feel like it by entering ANY private property.

All this crap about you have to post your property with NO TRESPASSING signs. For WHAT? It IS against the law to enter private property without permission, no signs are needed.

Someone is driving along and sees a house with the front door open and no one around so they back up in the driveway and go in the house and take the TV, stereo, bunch of other stuff because there was not a NO TRESPASSING sign by the front door?

What IS sad is there ARE probably lawyers and judges AND juries who would say it WAS okay for the person to do that because there was not a NO TRESPASSING sign posted. THAT IS WRONG.

This country is getting really F**KED up. Too many cry babies and liberals I guess.

TWO words pretty well sum up what is wrong with America: "NO PUNISHMENT". People do whatever they want, pretty much so, because they KNOW, they will NOT be punished.
    I KNOW that from personal experience. Got ripped off, property damaged... caught the kid. What did I get out of it? The damaged property. Kid got nothing. Judge just shined it on.

YES, America IS the best place to live that I know of... BUT, it COULD be better, a LOT better.

Rant off

It's about time that criminals found out that even in the house of the Lord, their "profession" is dangerous.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

It didn't say anything about the robber having a weapon of any sort, it just says they struggled and he took a swing at him. If he shot an unarmed man I could deffinetly see charges being brought on him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

couldn't find the link, maybe i was just to late. but seems to me he met the "wrath of god"!