Did he say 46 millon need health care? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did he say 46 millon need health care?

Quote Originally Posted by Oregon Vet View Post
    I think most of the people who can THINK on their own understand "that". ...
    I see no need to get worked up into an "emotional tif." Let's stick to the facts, shall we?

I was replying to your blanket generalization about people who already have insurance and who don't want to pay for others. You said, "They sure don't want to pay for others too." I was only pointing out that taxpayers are already paying for others. It's not an issue in only Florida and California. It's become an issue in many US states. It's not something we (the US) can solve overnight. For sure, it's a much larger issue, with economics and immigration problems. It's an issue which stems from 235 years of this nation's semi-open-door-border-policy history, trade agreements that foster and attempt but often do not succeed to boost failing economics elsewhere in the world, and a welfare system gone haywire,to name a few, embraced for years by this nation's leaders, liberal and conservative alike. We, and I mean US citizens, will always pay for others who are less fortunate, for their health care at county general hospitals and free clinics, for welfare systems, for TVA programs, for CCC programs, for all kinds of other programs that help support the less fortunate, via the taxes we pay from our hard-earned incomes. C'est la vie! So, rather than belly aching, have you any suggestions to change/fix this? Can you implement your changes?

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    So, rather than belly aching, have you any suggestions to change/fix this? Can you implement your changes?
    First suggestion is to sterilize people who can't afford kids. Sure, they have a right to "life", but they don't have a/the right to make the working part of society keep paying for their kids.

Second, if you haven't worked for the last 3 1/2 years of the last 4, then you don't get to vote. Then only people paying taxes would get to vote on where those taxes go. You want to vote? Find a job and WORK so you pay taxes.

Get out of countries we don't need to be in. I played over in Asia in our first Vietnam, I'm glad I'm not over there playing in our second Vietnam. Let's HOPE those countries turn out better than we did with our "first" one.

Lock the borders. For "real".

Implement? Of course not. I wouldn't have any customers then to buy all the Cadillac SUV's, Lincoln Navigator's and Hummer's I have for sale.

Oh, it's ALL about the MONEY. With EVERYONE. Anyone tries to say otherwise is a liar.

I would say it is just about impossible to live without money. When I say "money", I mean ANYTHING it can buy also. People in 3rd world countries do pretty well at it. They aren't accomplishing anything except surviving though. And if THAT is all a person does, then we get back to;"WHY are we here?" Just to live and die? That's pretty funny.

No, no, NO, wait... we are here because... Oh, I'm tired of writing, just make up YOUR OWN excuse of why we are here.

Choose religion, LOTS of people seem to use something having to do with a religion as the reason. AND, there ARE LOTS of "RELIGIONS" around. Choose whichever one you want. It doesn't matter which one you choose, since the one you choose, whomever you are, it is the ONLY true/correct one!!!

There, I even gave you (whomever wishs to believe in a religion) a place to start. Oh, don't know which one to choose? Here is a list then, with a "guesstimate" of the number "practicing" that religion:

"(Sizes shown are approximate estimates, and are here mainly for the purpose of ordering the groups, not providing a definitive number. This list is sociological/statistical in perspective.)

1. Christianity: 2.1 billion
    2. Islam: 1.5 billion
    3. Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
    4. Hinduism: 900 million
    5. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
    6. Buddhism: 376 million
    7. primal-indigenous: 300 million
    8. African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
    9. Sikhism: 23 million
    10. Juche: 19 million
    11. Spiritism: 15 million
    12. Judaism: 14 million
    13. Baha'i: 7 million
    14. Jainism: 4.2 million
    15. Shinto: 4 million
    16. Cao Dai: 4 million
    17. Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
    18. Tenrikyo: 2 million
    19. Neo-Paganism: 1 million
    20. Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
    21. Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
    22. Scientology: 500 thousand"

From World Religions Religion Statistics Geography Church Statistics

And SMILE. Everyone should smile, because Obama is going to FIX EVERYTHING for us!!

I think I deserve a new car so I think the government should make others buy it for me. I deserve a new house so taxpayers owe it to me. I deserve a million dollars so lets raise taxes and give it to me and by the way I deserve to be supported for the rest of my life so that I do not have to work. I deserve I deserve I deserve. I want my Obama money. Hey do I sound like a liberal?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    whether its 46 million or 2 people. Every US citizen in the united states deserves the opportunity to be able to buy health insurance without having to worry about being denyed due to pre existing conditions. Good post though. A lot of truth in what your saying. The 46 million is a little deceiving.
    Hiya. I have a question for you. If you were in the market for a car, and you found one you pretty much liked but you found out it needed a new cylinder head, would you buy it? Most people wouldn't, with the rationale that it doesn't make sense to "buy a problem" when there are so many other options available. Same is true with Insurance Companies...you're asking them to take on a known problem against which no premiums have been paid! That's a little unfair, don't you think? How about I find out I have incurable brain cancer, I have 2 weeks to live, and I run out and buy a 100-million dollar life insurance policy? Should they have to take the policy?? It's the same thing, in my view. I agree with the bulk of what you wrote:
    Every US citizen in the united states deserves the opportunity to be able to buy health insurance
    I just disagree that the Insurance Company should bear the burden of taking on a known problem. They should, however, have to stand up and pay the piper once the condition is diagnosed for their insured!! Selling a guy out just because he has a major issue that they have to pay against is patently unfair.

One man's opinion...
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

You forgot the heated swimming pool with all the eye candy playing in it. All available for YOU, of course, no charge. All virgins too. YES!! We ALL deserve EVERYTHING FREE!!!

You sound like you think Obama is really FIXING the countries problems.

We need to CUT BACK, ... NOT spend more money. Would someone PLEASE tell Obama that?

First suggestion is to sterilize people who can't afford kids. Sure, they have a right to "life", but they don't have a/the right to make the working part of society keep paying for their kids.

Second, if you haven't worked for the last 3 1/2 years of the last 4, then you don't get to vote. Then only people paying taxes would get to vote on where those taxes go. You want to vote? Find a job and WORK so you pay taxes.

Get out of countries we don't need to be in. I played over in Asia in our first Vietnam, I'm glad I'm not over there playing in our second Vietnam. Let's HOPE those countries turn out better than we did with our "first" one.

Lock the borders. For "real".

Implement? Of course not. I wouldn't have any customers then to buy all the Cadillac SUV's, Lincoln Navigator's and Hummer's I have for sale.

Oh, it's ALL about the MONEY. With EVERYONE. Anyone tries to say otherwise is a liar.

I would say it is just about impossible to live without money. When I say "money", I mean ANYTHING it can buy also. People in 3rd world countries do pretty well at it. They aren't accomplishing anything except surviving though. And if THAT is all a person does, then we get back to;"WHY are we here?" Just to live and die? That's pretty funny.

No, no, NO, wait... we are here because... Oh, I'm tired of writing, just make up YOUR OWN excuse of why we are here.

Choose religion, LOTS of people seem to use something having to do with a religion as the reason. AND, there ARE LOTS of "RELIGIONS" around. Choose whichever one you want. It doesn't matter which one you choose, since the one you choose, whomever you are, it is the ONLY true/correct one!!!

There, I even gave you (whomever wishs to believe in a religion) a place to start. Oh, don't know which one to choose? Here is a list then, with a "guesstimate" of the number "practicing" that religion:

"(Sizes shown are approximate estimates, and are here mainly for the purpose of ordering the groups, not providing a definitive number. This list is sociological/statistical in perspective.)

1. Christianity: 2.1 billion
    2. Islam: 1.5 billion
    3. Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion
    4. Hinduism: 900 million
    5. Chinese traditional religion: 394 million
    6. Buddhism: 376 million
    7. primal-indigenous: 300 million
    8. African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million
    9. Sikhism: 23 million
    10. Juche: 19 million
    11. Spiritism: 15 million
    12. Judaism: 14 million
    13. Baha'i: 7 million
    14. Jainism: 4.2 million
    15. Shinto: 4 million
    16. Cao Dai: 4 million
    17. Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million
    18. Tenrikyo: 2 million
    19. Neo-Paganism: 1 million
    20. Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand
    21. Rastafarianism: 600 thousand
    22. Scientology: 500 thousand"

From World Religions Religion Statistics Geography Church Statistics

And SMILE. Everyone should smile, because Obama is going to FIX EVERYTHING for us!!
    Now, that first one really make me chuckle!!! Involuntary Sterilization was actually practiced during a dark period of US history. It was argued that some of the scourge of the earth designated to be sterilized were people identified as "shiftless, ignorant and worthless class of anti-social whites of the south." See here. The Supreme Court agreed; in 1927, Buck v Bell, it upheld the law allowing sterilization. "Writing for the majority, Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., asserted that "“three generations of imbeciles are enough.” He wrote, "It is better for all the world, if instead of waiting to execute degenerate offspring for crime, or to let them starve for their imbecility, society can prevent those who are manifestly unfit from continuing their kind."" "In the 50 years after Buck v. Bell, more than 60,000 men, women and children were sterilized without their consent: more ]women than men and twice as many black women as white. Sterilizations [continued to occur] into the 1970s in some states ..." See the cite for all quoted material.

I guess this is the kind of practice you think that we, as a nation, should return to?

Hey everyone, don't shoot the messenger, those were not my words and I'm sorry if this offends anyone sense of decency. I happen to think it's an abhorrent practice that is still practiced in parts of the world!

I agree that not a one of your solutions are ever going to be implemented. So, your solutions are just as good as my solutions, they are all just opinions, and we (both you and I) are still just belly aching. Isn't it fun? C'est la vie.

I see the editing isn't working on here with my Firefox again. Rats!
    YES, it is just talk, talk, TALK. It shouldn't make ANYONE get excited. You seem to THINK that when I use CAPS that I am excited. Really? WHY?
    I'm lazy, MUCH easier than highlighting, clicking on bold or italics and then ... yada yada yada.
    Go read this one:
    http://www.childtrendsdatabank.org/pdf/75_PDF.pdf
    Pretty good reading about single women/parents etc.
    5.3% in 1960 vs 36.8% in 2005. Ouch!

A LOT of bastards running around out there, and the poor kids are stuck with that name until they die. What a drag for them that their parents didn't care.

I see the editing isn't working on here with my Firefox again. Rats!
    YES, it is just talk, talk, TALK. It shouldn't make ANYONE get excited. You seem to THINK that when I use CAPS that I am excited. Really? WHY?
    I'm lazy, MUCH easier than highlighting, clicking on bold or italics and then ... yada yada yada.
    Go read this one:
    http://www.childtrendsdatabank.org/pdf/75_PDF.pdf
    Pretty good reading about single women/parents etc.
    5.3% in 1960 vs 36.8% in 2005. Ouch!

A LOT of bastards running around out there, and the poor kids are stuck with that name until they die. What a drag for them that their parents didn't care.
    Are you trying to place blame onto the children for something their parents did?

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    Are you trying to place blame onto the children for something their parents did?
    Where in the world do you read THAT into what I said? When a kids parents AREN'T married when the kid is born, then the kid is a bastard. That is just a technical FACT. The blame lies with the parents, and THEM only. How in the world could it be the kids fault?

Over 30% of the kids born now are bastards vs less than 6% in 1960.

Sure doesn't say anything GOOD about over 30% of the parents these days, does it.

I'm sure glad Mom & Dad were married when I was born and still were to each other until Dad said the hell with it and died a couple years ago when his sight started to go. It was like our family was in a race to die. Three years ago ****/cancer(60, older brother by 14 months), two years ago Dad (87, being a NAZI P.O.W. for 14 months when he jumped as a Pathfinder a few hours before DDay started and then getting caught by the Nazi's a short time later didn't help, I'm sure), last year Janet (oldest sister 54)/cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by jwtollett21 View Post
    well no government intervention in this case will only worsen it.
    The government intervention is why we're in this supposed "crisis" anyway. More government never cured a damn thing.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast