We went to see ZOMBIELAND

Thread: We went to see ZOMBIELAND

Exclamation We went to see ZOMBIELAND

Yea I know it is an R rated movie but we had a god time.
    Sony Pictures - Zombieland
    This movie has three things other Zombie movies have never had.

1. an actual plot
    2. like-able characters
    3. a sub plot-story line

It has a lot of foul language that is a minus (tons of F bombs)

It has a lot of gun play...That is a plus

The Main character love interest is very well done and has a shred of decency

The Zombieland rules are really well done!

Most importantly The MRS. even had a good time.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Thanks for the review.

I thought for a second it was a documentary about life in DC...
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

I am disgusted to see another 'zombie comedy movie.' Shaun of the Dead was IMHO a terrible mockery. A zombie outbreak is not a funny subject, and satirical movies based on zombies are in bad taste. I consider myself a zombie movie connoisseur, so I must see this one. I'm glad you liked it though, but I'm afraid I will hate it, because of my biased stance on the genre.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Quote Originally Posted by AZSATT View Post
    Thanks for the review.

I thought for a second it was a documentary about life in DC...
    No that one comes next. It is about a bunch of blood sucking vampires. It will be called the Obamanation diaries.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I consider myself a zombie movie connoisseur, so I must see this one. I'm glad you liked it though, but I'm afraid I will hate it, because of my biased stance on the genre.
    If you are a true connoisseur, then you have to love the original George Romero classics "Night of the Living Dead" and "Return of the Living Dead." My brother-in-law, Allan Trautman, was, in fact, Tar Man in "Return". He had an easy time learning his lines: "Brains!" and "More brains!" Now, those were zombie movies.
    -= Piece Corps =-

i will have to go see it. I probally wouldn't have until you said its pretty good. Thanks

8. I just saw it tonight and liked it; very funny, raunchy and yes, gory.

More in the "Shaun of the Dead" vein than Romero's zombies, but still a Zombie movie.

Also, I had read that Max Brooks book "World War Z" is being made into a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Piece Corps View Post
    If you are a true connoisseur, then you have to love the original George Romero classics "Night of the Living Dead" and "Return of the Living Dead." My brother-in-law, Allan Trautman, was, in fact, Tar Man in "Return". He had an easy time learning his lines: "Brains!" and "More brains!" Now, those were zombie movies.
    No way, you're related to Tar Man?!?! That is awesome.

YouTube - Best of tarman - return of the living dead

Classic!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.